Denied Give us Prefix Freedom/Fix Prefixes (Discord)

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pupper

Jun 6, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Lets us have custom shortened versions of our prefixes again, example Amb. for IA Ambassador.
Allows us to have a normal prefix, Special Agent instead of Sp. Agent
Stop hmod+ from randomly deciding to change our name without reason, an example being I said I had changed my name to "Barrikada" in E-11 comms when a CO asked what my name is, and then 10 minutes later some annoying mod changed my name to "Sp. Agent "Barrikada" | E-11 CPL" without even asking me (this was my e11 name only)

There are a lot of people that can agree with me that this is getting annoying, it's also unnecessary and kinda just 1984
Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No

Possible Positives of the suggestion:
Better and more formal names, such as Special agent instead of Sp. Agent
customizability & we wont get prefixes in our name that we don't want (such as a mod randomly deciding to add E-11 CPL to my name)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
none

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
because its fine to regulate things like Sr. Researcher prefixes but forcing all prefixes to stay the exact same as everyone else is just really stupid, especially forcing us to also keep those prefixes in our name instead of letting us have no prefixes. It's also clearly unwanted by most players.
1709342802041.png

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
here's the thing that i don't think a lot of people understand. the character limit on what your discord name can be is 32 characters. it's a discord limitation.

that being said, it would be nice if, within that there were less restrictions on what needed to be in your name. i was told i HAD to have 'MTF' before E-11 in my name; which i get to an extent, but generally doesn't make sense, given the limited space we have to work with.

i think this could be revised to be a little looser and be easier on everyone involved?
+Support

Last edited:

Dennid

Jul 30, 2023
+support
I cant have ECA at the end of my name anymore for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.