173 Low population problem

Merrick Travolta

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Oct 18, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Disabling the ability to flag onto SCP 173 when under a certain player count.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not to my knowledge

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
173 players no longer get to kill farm at low population or early morning population (Or when there's a low number of combatives)
made to try some new anomalies rather than some that can instant kill you without any way to counter untill ERT are dispatched. (XP Farming Loss)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Denial of playing an SCP due to server population

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This suggestion is pretty damn cope. However I feel like in the interest of server health, Denying a player an SCP that requires somewhere between 3-4 Cooperating people to recontain it is not an unreasonable request to make.

Some of us only get our roleplay done during lower population due to the constant Raid/Breach gameplay loop and or being unable to interact/roleplay due to 173 breaches being so incredibly difficult to recontain again without 3-4 combatives cooperating (This is ignoring that jobs that carry beams could easily be camped on SS stairwell or just as they leave bunks. Due to SCP's being able to attack whilst pascified it usually takes a lot of preplanning to contain them, Usually with a willing sacrifice).

Honestly if you have a way to fix it. Please. Because the way 173 works right now. I don't see a fix.
instead of cock blocking 173 sometimes lets just remove him 24/7!

Kidding. If I had a solution, make him WL like 096.
173 during tests is a lie. There is no RP when people enter his cell, he will just snap your neck. If you make it WL it ensures RP, and limits the overall pool of people who can play on it, and it especially limits the pool of people who will play purely for breaches.

Also you can make it like SCP-SL in a way, where if someone sees him, he has to freeze for 1-3 seconds for snapping to someone. Instead of it being instant Snap -> Cooldown -> Cooldown off -> Someone sees you -> Snap, it could be Snap -> Someone sees you -> Cooldown -> Cooldown off -> Snap

Reactions: Marcus Sneefo