323 glitch

How often do you experience the 323 glitch?

• Total voters

"Peebus"

Jul 28, 2022
How many people experience the 323 glitch? Me personally, I get it almost every night. I usually have to log in around 3-4 times before I can actually play. Some nights I can get it up to 7 before deciding to call it a night, including tonight. I'm not really sure how as a developer of this server you can let a glitch like this still be around for this long.

Ellie

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Feb 21, 2021
Hi -

The 323 glitch itself is not the issue, it's more of a symptom - US is currently facing an issue where it can sometimes run out of memory, possibly due to a leak. This is fairly hard to diagnose, but we're doing all we can at the moment to fix it. If you experience this, please @ someone on Discord (preferably a Super Admin or Community Supervisor, ideally all of us) and let us know you have the 323 glitch - once we're aware of this happening the server will probably be restarted as soon as we can do it. :)

Ogre

Oct 2, 2022
Hi -

The 323 glitch itself is not the issue, it's more of a symptom - US is currently facing an issue where it can sometimes run out of memory, possibly due to a leak. This is fairly hard to diagnose, but we're doing all we can at the moment to fix it. If you experience this, please @ someone on Discord (preferably a Super Admin or Community Supervisor, ideally all of us) and let us know you have the 323 glitch - once we're aware of this happening the server will probably be restarted as soon as we can do it. :)
Hey Ellie, my question is I understand the 323 glitch happens due to the memory loss although if the code for 323 had been removed wouldn't the 323 glitch entirely go away? If there was no 323 effect then it would not be able to be a glitch. Would this be possible? Would a vote ever come out as it is a badly used SCP anyways? Would you replace 323 with the one scp that was supposed to come to surface?
thank you for reading

"Peebus"

Jul 28, 2022
Hi -

Hey Ellie-

I know you said that the US server "sometimes" runs out of memory, yet it seems like it does every night, atleast for me. I understand that you guys are working super hard on fixing this issue, yet it seems like there has been minimal, or even negative progress. It seems myself and others experience it more often now than in the past. Is there any update to fixing this issue, as it has stopped me, and I presume many others, from playing this great game.

Starling6

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 15, 2022
Site-65
Hey Ellie, my question is I understand the 323 glitch happens due to the memory loss although if the code for 323 had been removed wouldn't the 323 glitch entirely go away? If there was no 323 effect then it would not be able to be a glitch. Would this be possible? Would a vote ever come out as it is a badly used SCP anyways? Would you replace 323 with the one scp that was supposed to come to surface?
thank you for reading

No,

It would still result in multipule VWar systems not loading properly; such as VInventory, VCraft, VWar Base, etc. (Same as the first 5-10 minutes of the server restarting; which you can see if you load in quick enough) Meaning you couldn't access a good portion of the server. The main effect as of current that is visible is the "323 Effect", which is a part of VWar SCP. Resulting in it being the main part you see when it runs out.

Ultimately it falls back to locating the Memory Leak; and just doing what we can when we can.

Starling6

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 15, 2022
Site-65
What's the 323 glitch? (I'm a UK player)

The "323 Glitch" is a effect of a OOM (Out of Memory) issue; where the server runs out of memory due to one issue or another. With SCP-323 being the only real visual effect its the most known result of it, hence being dubbed as the "323 Glitch"