Denied Add a desk outside Interrogation (SCPRP-US)

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheese Cooper

Sep 5, 2022
i guess the Europeans can have one too
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adds a desk outside of Interrogation for Internal Affairs to staff, instead of staffing the desk in their office.
I made a mock-up inside of Pac3 to show how the desk could look:

qFBu8Pd.jpeg
H22YnOw.jpeg
9Upimqo.jpeg
LZeOV9Y.jpeg
Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
N/A, nothing similar has been posted

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Manning the phone in the IA office is actually hell. There is nothing there. Nobody goes there. There is nobody to interact with, nothing to see or watch, it's boring as hell. This is why nobody actually picks up the phone in the IA office, because no agent would willingly stay inside of the office.

By moving the IA desk phone (Or adding a second phone that D-Class can ring at this Interrogation desk), I hope that D-Class will use the phone to call IA more, and since the phone isn't in the corner of PW, that the phone would be picked up more often. It'll also be a good spot to hang out as IA, while still being near the more populated areas and being able to talk and chat with people.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Mapping this in would require a new map update, and that would be tedious. While this would be the BEST way to go about this, it'd take a very long time to implement and should be rolled into the next major map update.

In the meantime, I would suggest temporarily permapropping the desk prop here. Decorations would be more difficult to achieve without mapping tools, but if someone is willing to put in the effort to physgun the decorations that'd be amazing too. Personally, A desk and a phone would be plenty.

I already plan on asking SL in-game to do this, so this suggestion would be for it to get mapped in officially somewhere down the line.

The PAC3 file will be made available upon request, should someone wish to examine the layout in closer detail.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Nobody mans the IA desk. Nobody is there to pick up the phone. Adding a second desk closer to the action so-to-speak, it'll encourage agents to hang out there and maybe pick up the phone every so often.

in almost all cases where a D-Class is reporting something nothing can be done because of metagaming rules, and because most of the time the D-Class died in their footage, IA ignore them for a reason
first, d-class can at least report stuff like gensec gunning down other d-class without being given warnings
and second, they have always had the right to contact IA about such things

first, d-class can at least report stuff like gensec gunning down other d-class without being given warnings
and second, they have always had the right to contact IA about such things
they have the right but we can't do anything about it because of metagaming rules, we can't identify any foundation personnel except for rank
& half the time they died and still reported it to IA

Status
Not open for further replies.