Accepted Add a second accessible kitchen for Chef's on US server

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Gevanni

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 5, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove: I suggest that we add a second kitchen for Foundation Chefs to have access to. Prior to the most recent map update, there were two kitchens with enough stoves for all 5 Chef slots to have at least one and on most occasions, two stoves to operate. Now, the chefs only have one kitchen and 4 stoves, which is logically and practically not enough. I am not exactly sure where it should be located, but a second kitchen will need to be put in an area that is easily accessible for lvl 1 clearance staff.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
At least from what I've seen on the recent suggestions, I have not seen such a suggestion.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
The most obvious positive is that it allows for all players who want to cook to at least have access to one (but ideally two) stoves that they can operate and cook with. The fewer stoves on site, the fewer actual cooking RP chefs will do. The next clear positive is that it will allow for more operating space for cooking to occur. If a non-chef wants to cook something, then there will at least be options for non-crowded regions like the D-block kitchen for them to cook in. It would also allow for more D-class to be issued cooking work permits, because at the moment foundation chefs seem to be favored for priority on the stoves, leaving compliant D-class who would be given a cooking permit from having that opportunity. With a second kitchen, there is more space and more stoves for D-class desiring cooking work permits to have that opportunity.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
A room somewhere on site will need to be cleared for the second kitchen. The prior alternative kitchens over a year ago were in medical bay and the research wing. More recently, the other alternative kitchen was in upper PW which is now the department of security chief's office. I believe it is necessary to allocate a lvl 1 accessible room for a second kitchen, my suggestion would be the room just down the hall from research spawn if you took a right from when you exit. That room, at least in my eyes, is not particularly important for rp and is a much calmer environment for cooking than the chaos of d-block or medbay. The negative for this would be increased foot traffic in the research wing but on a typical day to day basis, research wing is pretty barren so I think it's mostly fine.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think the positives very much outweigh the benefits in terms of RP and general server functioning. Cooking is an important part of this server, we have a food vendor and hunger bar for a reason. The only negative aspect of this suggestion, having to allocate space, is hardly a concern when it comes to ensuring that ever chef has a stove. Ever since I started playing this server in 2022, there were multiple kitchens for Chefs to access. I believe this was an accidental oversight but I think its one that needs to be quickly amended. Thank you :D

Stephen Gevanni

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 5, 2022
Do you have a suggested place? Cause all research rooms are being used.
The research meeting room was one suggestion, I rarely see it used at all and I think that an executives or DOR office can serve a similar purpose. If that one is off the cards, my next suggestion would be to make the hacking area in PW loop a lvl 1 area with the remaining space being used for the kitchen.

Alternatively, there was that large new addition to delta wing recently added in between 860 and 914/457 that can possibly have a vendor+a couple stoves added

a nice rarely used room (outside of niche RP that gets shut down constantly on both servers) would be the glass wall room leading into EZ, its a nice out of the way spot for chefs who just wanna cook in peace and it might also allow the cooking noises to not leak into the main portions of the map due to it being slightly further away then say PW or Medbay.

if mapping is an option then maybe move the cafeteria from floor 2 to EZ or PW and put a kitchen addition onto that making that the sites main food area.

a nice rarely used room (outside of niche RP that gets shut down constantly on both servers) would be the glass wall room leading into EZ, its a nice out of the way spot for chefs who just wanna cook in peace and it might also allow the cooking noises to not leak into the main portions of the map due to it being slightly further away then say PW or Medbay.

if mapping is an option then maybe move the cafeteria from floor 2 to EZ or PW and put a kitchen addition onto that making that the sites main food area.
i mean on UK, that's a chem storage area - not sure who for, i think nu7 and a-1.

although this is a US-specific post, the thing with chefs only having d-block kitchen to work with, is also present on UK. i can't really say if that's suitable for US, but if so, then i think that'd be nice for them.

imo what would be perfect for chefs on both servers, that little turn on the catwalk leading to breach shelter - the part that's in a wall: i think you could feasibly put a door there (in the direction of lecture hall) and maybe have that lead to a space for chefs - not sure how to reconcile that with the fact that that's going into DEA & IA space (also the thing with core sector like, starting right by there), but it's an idea at the very least.

Reactions: Zen
Status
Not open for further replies.