Content Suggestion Add Greek Alphabet to the MTF and CI names.

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.

Cool

Aug 30, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion aims to add the Greek Alphabet letters to the Mobile Task Force and Chaos Insurgency names. Eg. MTF Ω-1 “Laws Left Hand”.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I am not sure if this suggestion has been posted before. But I do feel it is a unique idea.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
1. Aesthetics: I believe that adding the Greek Alphabet will make it look more aesthetically appealing rather than normal English letters.
2. It also makes sense because I do recall in the Wiki that it used the Greek Alphabet rather than normal English letters. It makes it (sorta) more accurate to the wiki.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
A big negative is confusion. Some people may not know the Greek Alphabet that much and it could cause some confusion. Although I believe that the MTF and CI uniforms for each separate group should make them stand out from the crowd.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe it should be accepted because it could add some uniqueness to the names in-game because everything is normal English letters and MTF and CI should stand out more. (Even in their names)

(Sorry if this suggestion isn’t good, I am not used to writing things like this.)

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2023
i feel like this would screw with certain staff commands - there's some cases in which a job needs to be manually set and if a job name includes special characters, it'll be harder to set them to that job where needed
ive not a clue how the job system works, but i dont think that job name = command name

i think you can set it to make it say Ω-1 in chat and name, but OMEGA-1 as the jobset command

then again, i aint a dev

Reactions: Cool
ive not a clue how the job system works, but i dont think that job name = command name

i think you can set it to make it say Ω-1 in chat and name, but OMEGA-1 as the jobset command

then again, i aint a dev
i think this is also true? i guess you can set the name as it appears in the tab/f4 menu whereas the job you set via staff commands is a separate name. very funky stuff

Reactions: Cool

Cool

Aug 30, 2024
if this is purely cosmetic and related to makes just the titles yes

you could also totally do the same but for CI ranks as well!
+Support
-cool idea
I could also do it with CI, I will make an edit for CI names when I get home from school. Thanks for the support!

• Love
Reactions: Niox

Cool

Aug 30, 2024
Oh yeah and by the way.

MTF NAMES.
MTF α-1 “Red Right Hand”
MTF ε-11 “Nine Tailed Fox”
MTF Νν-7 “Hammer Down”
MTF Ω-1 “Laws Left Hand”

CI NAMES
CI-α (Alpha)