Denied Adding an Janitorial Job to the Site Staff. (New Job for SCP:RP)

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedReaper

Mar 18, 2023
So idk how many times this may have been asked or brought up, but I believe this would be a great addition to the SCP:RP servers for both ways to gain XP and to make the RP more inversive. Though an Admin may just use the "clear decals" command each time the amount of blood or bullet holes make the Server too laggy or make signs and windows get covered so it's harder to see through them. But something like this would allow players to have an fun new and experimental job to the list of SCP Site Staff jobs we have currently.

How would it work?
It is actual quite simple, The Janitor's spawn location will be the same as every other Site Staff class. They will be equipped with a Clearance Level 1 Keycard and a Mop. The Uniform will closely resemble the D-Class Unform except with a light bright blue color scheme and an SCP patch on one of the arms.

Mechanics and Other needs
Now you may be wondering, "How will the Mop work?" or "How will the Janitors even get XP or money from said job?" Instead of explaining this in a 1 parapgraph sentence, this will be in bullet points.

-Mop cleans up a certain amount of decals for each mouse click (Same Mechanics as how other Site Staff jobs basically do their thing)
-Each 3 clicks will give you +10 or +5 XP (depending on how big or many decals there may be.)
-Puddles of either garbage or liquids could maybe spawn randomly around the facility (specifically in LCZ) which also may help understand how and what I mean with the XP system.

I know I'm not the best at coming up with ideas, but I believe that this is a pretty or almost well thought out idea which if implemented may help Admins not always need to go out of their way to use the "clear decals" command when their doing stuff or helps make the RP experience just slightly better. I hope that I did get some of you to think about this, Have a good rest of your Day/Night!

-Red Reaper

OceanMan

Feb 7, 2023
-1/+1
Due to how Gmod does decals it is impossible to have a swep be able to clear a certain decal, so the first thing just cant happen. For the puddle of garbage and liquid that would be an entitiy that just lags the server more than it already is. Unfortunately with just how Gmod works, it can't be a function Janitor job unless we go the entity way.

Reactions: RedReaper

YoRHaUmbra

Jun 24, 2022
Already denied many times, also u didn't ise the format so its gonnacbe denied even harder

L.Saint

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Jul 21, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @RedReaper,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion. There are a lot of complications when dealing with decals in GMod which would make this difficult to implement, due to this it would require a lot of time to develop for a relatively small feature.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.