Accepted Addition of a RAISA Department/Sector

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Iceland

Donator
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Adds RAISA as an official part of the server. Senior Clearance Level 4 Position that works Alongside Site Administration

Models: Models could be any un-unused suit model, I don't see any issue with this due to the nature of the sector not changing much when compared to other positions in terms of appearance

Structure: Own Department in the Cl4 sector of the server, RAISA would act as the other sectors do, being 1 RAISA Director, and 5 RAISA Members. The RAISA Members are picked by the Director through an application process and the Director is picked by the O5 Council and Ethics Committee through an application process

In this position RAISA would have the final say over what would and would not be classified (With information regarding Alpha-1, Omega-1, and the O5 requiring a joint agreement between RAISA and the respective ground before any action is taken.) Essentially giving RAISA control over Info/Infobreach RP within the site, further expanding the RP Control the players have compared to SL, as the current case is Un-classifying things and Classifying things have to go through SL first (I could be wrong but this is what im told) An example of how this could affect real time RP is given below:

Ex. In this example scenario, a large amount of infobreaches regarding SCP-008 occurs. RAISA Director gets all of the RAISA members together for the weekly meeting held by (Most) groups on the server. Within this meeting a few things are discussed, Possible Ideas regarding RAISA, and other important affairs, but also what informational security is breached. RAISA would have 3 steps to Informational security and protecting information within the foundations databases.

Step 1. Acknowledge the issue of repeated infobreaches and inform the associated group to the info of an official RAISA notice regarding the security of information. This notice would inform them "Hey, this info keeps getting out, tighten up the security."

Step 2. Should Step 1 fail, and constant infobreaches continue even after notifying the group, RAISA would take further personnel solutions, this being in the form of investigation into Scipnet and the Foundation Databases, Identifying and tracking potential sources for these infobreaches. With this update I feel a change to the computer system to allow RAISA jobs to (1. Approve/Deny level 5 documents uploaded on the computer, move/edit files on Scipnet, etc. Essentially giving RAISA higher permissions regarding the database as overall, that is what RAISA would be managing.)
RAISA would start identifying which documents get leaked more often then others, what info are on these documents, and who and how is getting them. After identifying this RAISA would REDACT the information on these documents to a One (1) Clearance level higher until seen fit to revert the change by a RAISA vote.

Step 3. Should even raising the clearance of said info/documents, and enforcing the security of information not work, RAISA may remove said documents off of Scipnet following a majority vote. Site Command would be notified prior and would be able to overturn a decision made.

RAISA would be given permissions to change the clearance level of information on a real time basis depending on current situations and if seen fit would be the only people able to do so.

Jobs: This change would introduce 2 new jobs under the 'Site Administration' job category.
1: 'RAISA Director' (Whitelisted) - M1911, Disguise Card (Team), (New Addition/Development) Document Stripping Tool, Access Card - Level 4 | Slots: 1
2: 'RAISA Member' (Whitelisted) -M1911, Disguise Card (Team), Document Stripping Tool, Access Card - Level 4 | Slots: 5

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
-New department to provide a new route for higher level personnel to go towards, and to provide more overall jobs for people to fill on site.
-New RP and more player controlled RP, less SL intervention in terms of Role-Play of the foundation
-Original RP and new mechanics introduced that acknowledge an often overlooked part of the server(Scipnet/Informational Security)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
-Development Time (New tool to strip documents off someone, New Department, Job Permissions, Application etc.)
-More Cl4 on site at any given time depending on activity
-Less power towards SL to lean RP as they see fit for the server

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Overall, I feel an addition of something like this would not only be beneficial to the player base of SCP-RP but also allowing the players to decide when and where to change RP for the beneficial and long term benefit for the server, Overall I feel allowing the player base to decide the route they would want to take with RP would lead to new and innovative RP being brought to the table with each new RAISA Director put into the position due to the pure nature of Information/Informational Security on the server.

Last edited:

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
-/+ neutral maybe add this to the site 9 server but definitely not site 65

We already have enough of those kinda jobs

Dec 1, 2022
Neutral
RAISA from my understanding would work under the ethics committee in lore. The ethics committee would be in charge of redacting information and other such duties, although this could just be for redacting things regarding procedures. I feel like RAISA is much better as a spoken entity of the Foundation rather then a present force.

John Iceland

Donator
+Support
But it should work more for SA and SC not just the 05.
-/+ neutral maybe add this to the site 9 server but definitely not site 65

We already have enough of those kinda jobs
Both of these are definite possibilities, There could always be the change of Site-9/Site-65, And that would be up to NL/SL, My suggestion is just here to give the idea a voice

John Iceland

Donator
+Support
But it should work more for SA and SC not just the 05.

+Support except for "working solely under O5"

Realistically, this should be closer to Site Admin, who responds to both Site Commands and on an even level of authority to SA.

I like it, just include ECMs/O-1 (for once).

Edited to say instead "Work Alongside Site Administration"
And changed most things O5 to Site Command to include my boys over in the committee

Status
Not open for further replies.