Denied Allow GSD Captains to WL sergeant

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirate McPirate

Feb 22, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
[this suggestion basically just allows GSD CPT to WL the sergeant job
for now only CoS can WL this job, but i think that since (the way i see it) the sergeant is like GSD's leadership's right hand
and acting as a (kinda) Jr captains, and i think that it would allow captains to have more responsibilities]

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
[not that im aware of]

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
[1- it would allow captains to pick and choose the (again, kinda) "NCO" when the CoS isnt on cpt are in charge and this makes it so the sergeant job will be available not only when the CoS is on

2- making this job WL-able by CPT will make gensec (i hope) be more professional since captains are online way more then CoS, so officers and below will have much more of an incentive to be professional]

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
[some captains might be a bit less responsible, to balance that i think that CPT would just need to run the WL decision by the CoS first]

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
[the suggestion should be accepted because it will allow gensec to have a more defined line between GSD LS and the general gensec personnel, so CoS arent the only ones who can and show that acting professional with CPT isnt just for RP but make it actually help progress in the DPT]

Dr Random K.

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 8, 2023
Site 54
+/-neutral I see how this could work if restricted to snr captains or whatever internal hierarchy you guys have

Just saying that even DEA Managers, who are a senior position, cant whitelist senior agents, so idk if they’ll accept this

Pirate McPirate

Feb 22, 2024
+/-neutral I see how this could work if restricted to snr captains or whatever internal hierarchy you guys have

Just saying that even DEA Managers, who are a senior position, cant whitelist senior agents, so idk if they’ll accept this
its really just an addition to the CPT job

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
If the CoS's are chill with it then sure

if they arent then no

Harold Hawks

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Mar 12, 2023
America
-Support

Plenty of other people that can, a 1m minor inconvenience of waiting for someone to come by to whitelist is a small price to pay to prevent WL griefing. Only love for the Captains that try to be good but GenSec is probably one of the first roles anybody plays, thus Captain may be the first CL4 they ever hold so I'd rather just leave it to the mods, CoS or higher.

Pirate McPirate

Feb 22, 2024
-support
it just got added let the cos's deal with how they want to WL people
i dont mean take the WL ability from the CoS, i said in the app that they would have to run it past the chief, they could make it so if you dont run it past them you can lose the cpt position

Voxis

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Mar 2, 2024
-SUPPORT

I think keeping it to how it is should be fine. I say that because people can be a little wild on Captain sometimes. Not to mention, if they can give the WL, they'd also be able to take it away. Would be a shame if you worked so hard to get noticed by a CoS, they pick you for SGT and then a captain having a bad day takes his anger out on you by removing your WL. As Berserker said, just let the CoS' deal with it how they want/feel.

Gaben

Mar 4, 2024
+Support

i think captains dont have alot of power now over gsd and as sgt is below them in the ranking they should be able to train them and whitelist them

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Pirate McPirate ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

Captain is a Jr Cl4 and therefore should not be able to whitelist anything.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.