Alpha's Development Application

Alpha Toon

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 9, 2021
In-game name: Alpha Toon
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:63342454
For how long have you played on our servers?: Been in the community since March 2020
What country are you from?: USA
Time Zone: EST
Do you have a mic?: Yes

Is this your first application for Developer? If not, link previous ones:
https://civilgamers.enjin.com/forum/m/18343296/viewthread/33195525-alphas-developer-application

Have you received any bans?:
No

How confident are you with GLua? (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide):
Around a 6

Do you have any experience with Git?:
I do have experience with Git, I primarily use the gui based applications though as they're more convenient.

Do you have previous experience as a Developer for GMod?:
I do have previous experience as a dev in this community and others, as well as doing freelance work. I understand the previous times I was accepted, I couldn't complete anything however it was simply due to lack of motivation at the time. Now that I've been around for longer and have obtained a staff rank, I am committed to the server that I am overseeing.

How many hours can you commit to developing per week?: This will vary week by week depending on what I have going on, however I can at least provide the minimum of 4 hours, if not more.

Why do you want to be a Developer? What can you help us with?: Being that Civil Networks is expanding, having a small team makes is hard to for devs to focus on specific servers and a lot of times, other things take priorty, I'd simply like to help lessen the workload that is placed on the dev team. I'm also open to helping out in other areas if needed as I do have other language experience. While my work isn't the best, I think my skillset could still be beneficial to the community. Most of my previous work can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/4gunxpp07quj0i1xlxddy/h?dl=0&rlkey=640ofx0gwkrfoq16u4nr4zdb2 and within my previous 2 applications.

I have also assisted Coolfrae with developing the new credit addon that we currently have, feel free to message me in regards to this if needed. I have also assisted him with a voice system that he was privately working on. I also have been working on and off a swep as I have never made one and wanted to challenge myself which I feel the bulk of it is done, just trying to bug fix it, feel free to message me about this as well and I'd be happy to share the code.

Last edited: