Your in-game name: Amadeus "Pasta"
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:500186374
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Pasta-Forever/
Date of ban: 5/11/2023
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): LTAP
Who banned you: Melon
Ban length?: 1 day
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I did not leave to avoid punishment at any given time, I had just left because I got tired of playing and I didn't think I was in any trouble.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Warned yes, but they all expired.
Why should you be unbanned: I should be unbanned because I never left to avoid punishment, nor did I leave because I believed I had commited something wrong. I broke out of cuffs as a TB and, I for some reason thought that personnel with Reality Bending abilities can never be put under FearRP. Now, after reading the rules once again, I see my mistake and I would like to request for my ban to be completely removed but to be just warned for FearRP.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I am a trustworthy individual, I did not break the rules in bad faith, nor did I do it because I just felt like it. I did it because I thought I had done nothing wrong but, after reviewing the rules, I can see the mistake I made. I never tried to LTAP, I did not think I did commit a rule break as, from what I remembered, TBs can never be put under FearRP (Completely wrong since I was handcuffed which was really my bad.
In conclusion, I did not LTAP but I did commit a rule break that I didnt think was one thus the reason I left the game.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
Civil Networks is a very nice server, and I did infact commit a rule break but not something that was ban worthy. Mistakes happen and I shall learn from mine.

Melon

Oct 1, 2023
Hey @Amadeus "Pasta"
As previously mentioned, the reason for your ban was attributed to LTAP . Shortly after the incident, a sit was made against you, I discussed it with the individual who reported your actions. However, before I could bring you to the sit, you disconnected from the server. In light of this, I asked higher ups if It would be fine to then ban you which they then confirmed. You were also given a 10-minute window to allow you the opportunity to rejoin the server, as there was a possibility that your disconnection may have been due to game crash. Since you did not return within 10 minutes, I ultimately decided to impose a ban for LTAP.

Kind Regards, Melon

Aurelius/Amadeus

SCP-RP Staff
Aug 2, 2023
Italy
Hey @Amadeus "Pasta"
As previously mentioned, the reason for your ban was attributed to LTAP . Shortly after the incident, a sit was made against you, I discussed it with the individual who reported your actions. However, before I could bring you to the sit, you disconnected from the server. In light of this, I asked higher ups if It would be fine to then ban you which they then confirmed. You were also given a 10-minute window to allow you the opportunity to rejoin the server, as there was a possibility that your disconnection may have been due to game crash. Since you did not return within 10 minutes, I ultimately decided to impose a ban for LTAP.

Kind Regards, Melon
I would like to point out that, I have never received any DM about me LTAPing. If I would have, I guarantee you that I would have joined right back to clear everything out. From my point of view, nobody ever told me to rejoin thus I just wanted to take a break from playing Gmod (I was on for quite a few hours). I highly suggest to first DM me about a sit being made against me, as I had not thought that I had commited any rule break.
I am not blaming you of course, you did your job. I am just saying that I had no reason to join back if I had no idea that a sit had been made against me.

Jonas Enry

SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Mar 4, 2023
Ireland
Hey @Amadeus "Pasta"

Kind Regards, Melon
Im not involved but when I was a member of staff to ban someone for LTAP you had to bring them to a sit and then them disconnect as otherwise there is no way they can know they were leaving to avoid punishment. Of course it depends on why the sit was called but if it was something that required a discussion like killing a dclass outside of dblock without them being brought to a sit there is no reason why they would leave to avoid punishment as they would assume no sit was made against them

Foxatron

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Apr 16, 2022
Appeal Accepted

Hi @Amadeus "Pasta" ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

I have accepted this appeal because you have to be brought to a sit before you can be banned on LTAP, I believe Melon was mis-informed and I will speak to him to prevent incidents like this happening in future.

kind regards

Foxatron​

Status
Not open for further replies.