Accepted Ambience and Announcement Volume

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion would do two things;

1. Add Ambient Music. The volume of this music could be controlled via the C-Menu Settings, and thus turned on/off for the player. The ambient music could change per zone that you're in.

2. Announcement Volume controls. This would add an option in the C-Menu Settings to change the announcement volumes. Right now, the announcements are pretty quiet atleast to me. When you're trying to listen to important announcements in the midst of chaos such as shooting, shouting, and screams; it's impossible. The announcements themselves wouldn't be able to be turned off fully like the ambient music, but it could be reduced.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+More immersive environment
+Full player choice in regards to how loud they want the ambient sounds or announcements to be
+Overall better experience. Music and ambience can improve alot of things in video games.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
-Significant development resources may be required. Though, I don't know anything about it.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Overall, I think this is a win-win of a change. If players want to be immersed in the world, they can have the music and announcements turned up to their liking. If players don't like the ambience or loud announcements, they can be reduced or turned off (except the announcements, which can't be entirely turned off). Ambient music and announcements can make the world truly immersive, and it'd be optional for the players. The only possible down-side is the resources it'd take to make. I don't know anything about lua or the gmod engine, but I know it's extremely old and may be difficult to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.