Apex domain isn't HTTPS + Suggestion for optimization

Shepherd

MRP Patriot
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
I understand this would be more work but I believe it would make the website go faster. I had previously dropped this in the #support channel but you were all enjoying Christmas so it's okay you must have missed it

CloudFlare's Free Tier plan is something I have previous experience with. Since they have multiple CDNs across the globe and they offer it for free (as long as CG doesn't drain their resources with VERY LARGE audience hits) CG would benefit from faster load times and shared SSL certificates (mm HTTPS) for free. I believe it would work better than namecheap's free webhost.

Furthermore I noticed that civilgamers.com is not secured by HTTPS while www.civilgamers.com is secured by HTTPS. Should you not wish to upgrade to the CloudFlare Free Tier, you can still amend your records to (i) either add civilgamers.com to the records (ii) redirect civilgamers.com to www.civilgamers.com

Best,
Shepherd

Shepherd

MRP Patriot
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
^apparently you fixed the apex domain problem with a redirect but now I can't use Ctrl+Enter to autofill the site bar smh.
thanks doe