Denied Arion's MC&D Update Suggestion

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolus

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 2, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
-MC&D Hideout
-New role for MC&D
-Change to original MC&D salesman role
-Comms for MC&D
-New and Updated MC&D rules

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

Not sure if something similar was suggested before but I definitely heard a lot of suggestions from a lot of other players during my playtime, I combined them all into a suggestion that MAY work as an update for MC&D while not changing it too much. Most of the suggestions are open to be altered for the sake of balance or whatever.

First off, an MC&D hideout. To not add any more new locations and avoid adding new keycards, I suggest turning one of the current locations in Pinewood into an MC&D hideout, like Lakehouse, Pinewood Pub, Pinewood Centre House. Giving MC&D keys the ability to open its doors just like rangers can use theirs to open and close PD. While not required, adding a small laboratory inside one of the rooms for making chemicals and sampling SCPs, cabinet for documents with access only for the new role so MC&Ds can store stolen/bought documents for future and maybe a dispenser to give MC&Ds access to equipment without having to visit other GoIs if they happen to get their hands on a keycard.

Second, a new whitelisted role for MC&D.
100HP 150AP. Average speed. Loadout: Keys, Gravity Gun, Gestures, Personal Tablet, Clipboard, Thaumatologist Reality Bending, Hailstorm, Anomaly Containment Beam, SCP restrains, Handcuffs, Elastic Restrains, Camera.
MC&D Regional Manager is a senior role for MC&D, requiring an application to get. Tasks of RM are overseeing operations of MC&Ds in Pinewood. Keeping their veil of secrecy, negotiating with GoIs and keeping relations with them neutral, supervising and helping MC&D salesmen/agents, keeping rules from being broken by MC&D players.
RM plays a non combatant role only fighting in self-defense or if life is being threatened. Able to job ban potential rulebreakers, Able to buy all types of weaponry both MC&D and HGD.

Third, change to the original MC&D salesman role. To avoid adding any more new roles, I suggest giving the original role of MC&D salesman two different loadouts to separate their playstyles.

1. Loadout MC&D Salesman (Original)
Salesmen will now focus only on their salesman role. Selling SCPs, Chemicals,Weapons and Information etc. Not allowed to trespass anymore or actively seek and fight SCPs.
Containment Beam and Restrains removed.

2. Loadout MC&D Agent (New)
Agents now take the more aggressive part of MC&Ds job. Not able to sell weapons.
100HP 150AP. Average speed. Loadout: Keys, Gravity Gun, Gestures, Personnel Tablet, Clipboard, Hailstorm, Anomaly Containment Beam, SCP restrains, Elastic Restrains, Camera, Disguise tool, Hacking Device, Weapons Checker, Interrogation tool. Not able to buy any weapons or chemical equipment.
Tasks of Agents are obtaining information, breaking into bases to steal keycards/samples/information, Capturing/Stealing Anomalies, Protecting other MC&Ds. STILL ONLY ALLOWED TO FIGHT IN SELF DEFENSE/BEING CAUGHT! NOT ALLOWED TO BREACH SCPS!

Fourth, pretty simple (I think) adding /mcd comms for MC&D roles to see.

Fifth, and most important, updated more accessible rules for MC&D players, since let's be honest, there is a real lack of those anywhere. I am not the one to make rules, so I leave that to people.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

New RP possibilities for all factions, More reasons to play MC&D = More reasons to "donate" to VIP,Decreased number of mining MC&Ds.A much-needed update for a !VIP! Role,
More recognition of one of the most important GoIs in SCP lore without changing it into a full-blown faction.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Lack of free MC&D roles, abuse of new roles, lack of need for a HGD if RM is present, Problems with update creation?

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
While there are negatives and this subject has probably been rejected in the past, I think that with new content being added to almost everything, I think MC&D should not be left out. It was always a role with very high gameplay and RP potential and the positives of this update could really outweigh the negatives. Not to mention the new Shadow Dimension that was added.
If enough time goes into development and a few changes are made to this suggestion, I am sure we can finally get MC&D update without much headache.
Aleksei "Arion" Dolohov

PS: This post was cut short by at least 2 pages. Rules,Loadout Weapons,RM Application and Shadow Dimension suggestions
were not included here for the sake of simplicity.

Last edited:

blixer

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Nov 29, 2022
+Support

MC&D suggestions that have been made (including mine) have mostly been denied so this will probably get denied unfortunately since they say they have had stuff planned for MC&D for a while.

Lolus

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 2, 2022
Reality bending seems a wee bit much for MC&D imo, but past that I am totally down.
MC&D is an amazing RP faction that could be way more, but isn’t. They’re basically civilians 2.0.
With this they could be more.
+Support
While yes, some may think that reality bending on RM may be a bit too much, let's not forget that the max number of MC&Ds at all times will be most likely 4, including RM. It is also a non-combative role, meaning that just like regular foundation thuamatologist he/she cannot actively seek combat, use your powers only in selfdefence/during testing.

Also, a common theme with MC&D is that most of their higher ranking members are anomalous in some kind of way. With not that big of security and a lot of potential information that could be taken by kidnapping and interrogating such a member, it feels just fair to give RM a trick up his/her sleeve just in case to avoid potential mass kidnappings of MC&D RMs.

Dr Random K.

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 8, 2023
Site 54
I feel you! And I had the same reaction but to be fair obtaining a Foundation disguise would most likely be equally challenging so I don't see why not ahah!
TL;DR one of the main points of the suggestions is for MC&D to be more independent, sneaking into SCP-914 often requires less passive-roleplay, hence a disguise kit may be suited and for balance: Obtaining a Foundation's disguise is almost as difficult.
It’s extremely easy to get a DEA/Nu7 disguise from surface

MrSiens

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Mar 21, 2022
-Support
This suggestion does not fit the purpose of MC&D on the server, nor does it suit the on-wiki depiction of MC&D.

The on-server MC&D is not intended to be a faction with a permanent presence, but is a simple job with unique perks available for roleplay and earning money.
The job is intended for anyone to be able to hop on, do their thing and then jump off.

MC&D is also not intended to actively "raid" factions, nor does it make sense for them to.
Giving them 24/7 unrestricted access to EVERY infiltration tool would cause a lot more harm than good.

Last edited:

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
MC&D is also not intended to actively "raid" factions, nor does it make sense for them to.
Giving them 24/7 unrestricted access to EVERY infiltration tool would cause a lot more harm than good.
I feel like you only read one part of a massive suggestion.

Jam

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 10, 2022
+support
i feel like this would've worked out better than adding GOC to the server

Arron 'Spectre' Shepard

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
May 8, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Lolus ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

Your first suggestion for an MC&D hideout already has a similar suggestion that was accepted and is in the works. As for the rest of your suggestion, MC&D is a supporting job and not a faction that has a large structure/supporting network on the server. We do not have plans currently to expand the presence of MC&D as they fill their niche adequately currently.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.