Accepted Bacterial Infection side affect change

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Changes or removes the flashing effect gained when you have a bacterial infection [Shown Below]
[Flashing]

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • Reduces chance of anybody with epilepsy from having problems with this specific infection
  • The same can be said with people who have sensitive eyes
  • Makes no sense, why does your vision flash cuz you have a bacterial infection??

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • Not as cool ig?
  • Not as noticeable

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I feel that whilst this may not affect a large majority of people, as yes i can already see the -supports saying "Nobody else has problems with this so no point", this change would still be useful for people who have sensitive eyes or even people sensitive to epileptic seizures. And seriously... Why does your vision flash cuz you have a bacterial infection.. It's just dumb..

ERaven

Donator
Mar 7, 2023
Massive + Support
There is a large amount of flashing effects and having so many does A) get annoying and B) has made me feel physically sick on occasions and made me had to leave my pc in the middle of RP.
An inclusivity option to reduce some of the flashing effects with something else or just replace them entirely is very much needed

Reactions: Chad
Jun 21, 2022
-Support

there is clearly a flashing warning when you join the server. There is no need for change right now.
Just because there's a warning doesn't mean there shouldn't be something implemented to at least remove the flashing player-side? If you read the rest of the comments, multiple people who usually don't have problems with flashing images have problems with this.

Reactions: Chad

Chad

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
-Support

there is clearly a flashing warning when you join the server. There is no need for change right now.
What do you just want people with conditions to not be able to play the server at all?

Like I don't have any conditions but the flashing lights give me a headache/eye strain and you can't even have someone kill you to get rid of the symptoms as its fail rp. Which is dumb because most of the time medics don't even got the chemical for the cure.

A similar suggestion was already responded to here.

"Listed in your suggestion are quite vulgar statements blaming us, the content team, for not giving a "shit" about the player base. This is simply not true. We always seek to improve the server and heed the advice of the majority of the player base; however, players should also be reasonable with other alternatives rather than simply removing a whole feature due to something affecting a minority of the player base. We work our hardest to seek the pros and cons of every single suggestion on the forums, spending hours on end doing so. From the looks of it, you want this change due to it being "annoying."

We truly understand the risk of flashing lights on epileptic players, and we sympathize with that. We recommend that photosensitive epileptic patients not play on the server if it triggers their seizures. I am sure their doctors recommend it too. It is the responsibility of the person to not do anything that may negatively affect their health."

Jun 21, 2022
A similar suggestion was already responded to here.

"Listed in your suggestion are quite vulgar statements blaming us, the content team, for not giving a "shit" about the player base. This is simply not true. We always seek to improve the server and heed the advice of the majority of the player base; however, players should also be reasonable with other alternatives rather than simply removing a whole feature due to something affecting a minority of the player base. We work our hardest to seek the pros and cons of every single suggestion on the forums, spending hours on end doing so. From the looks of it, you want this change due to it being "annoying."

We truly understand the risk of flashing lights on epileptic players, and we sympathize with that. We recommend that photosensitive epileptic patients not play on the server if it triggers their seizures. I am sure their doctors recommend it too. It is the responsibility of the person to not do anything that may negatively affect their health."
Hence why i suggested there be an option to turn it off player-side or something.
Also their wording didn't exactly make them sound like the good guys there..

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Will reply with the same thing I've said on the other suggestion, we do not plan on removing the effects itself, however, we will try and change them to make them way more bereable so that it doesn't actually cause you a headache IRL (this will includes the other infections aswell).

Moving to accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.