What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect):
Cheating | ESP

Who banned you
StefanZEW

Ban length?:
26 weeks

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the URL):

What will you do to stop this from happening again:
I will rejoin the server if I am bugged.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?
No.

Why should you be unbanned:
Unfortunately, my computer can not handle recording gameplay since I play at 10 fps without recording.

Context
The server had crashed during war. After reconnection, war would be pushed forward. I was in third person when war did get pushed forward, however, I did not get pushed out of third person. I did not think much of it at the time (most likely because most of my playtime is in third person) BUT after thought, it is an advantage and I accept all consequences of using third person during war.

I was told I was using ESP in east town Here is what I remember from when I was in east town.
I was holding a doorway facing into the middle of east town. I was to the side of the door, not peeking the door, but using third person to look at anything coming through the door (see Fig 1 below).

I was in the top floor of a building, looking out of the windows past the balcony onto the main street and a bit of the middle building (see Fig 2 below).

That was the end of me being in east town after dying holding the stairs to someone who shot below me. I am pretty certain that I did not achieve any kills in east town.

I was brought to a sit ~15 mins after me being in east town. I was told I was using ESP in east town, looking at people through walls. I believe this is a coincidence since in both figs, where I am aiming is not where I am looking. In Fig 1, I was looking to the top right to get a better view past the doorway. In Fig 2, I was looking down to get a better view of the street.

Figs:
Taken in singleplayer on another map since I don't have the map the server runs.
Fig 1
Fig 2

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?:
I have not received any warnings/bans so far (apart from this one) and will continue to try to keep it that way.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
It is a false ban since I was not cheating. However, as stated previously, I was in third person which is disabled during war times which I will take all responsibility for. I did not realize what I was doing was an advantage since most of my time in GMOD (darkrp and milrp) were played in third person.

'Kyzent

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Appeal Denied

Hi @Afganit,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

After looking at the evidence in regards to your ban, I've concluded that your claims are false, first, you cannot go third person even after a server crash as it stops the player from doing so in any way. Second, our third-person view is not the same as the other sources, you possibly cannot have a very wide view in third person as in that screenshot.

In the first clip, it shows that you were on the ground floor looking at people who were at the construction site on the 3rd/4th floor, the third-person view cannot give a view like that.

In the second clip, it shows that you instantly pop someone in the head as soon as you peek out the window, It is hard to have sharp accuracy in third person view, we have reasonable suspicion to believe you're using third-party software to gain an advantage.

If you have any proof of your claims other than going to a single player and setting your FOV or view distance high then we'd be happy to look into it.

You may re-appeal in 6 weeks.​

Status
Not open for further replies.