ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drxgon

Feb 2, 2024
Your in-game name: Drxgon

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:244566484

Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198449398697/

Date of ban: feb 1st 2024

What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): MRDM [A]

Who banned you: Nathan \ "wiz\" Machetto (STEAM_0:1:63342454)

Ban length?: 2 weeks

What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: i guess not mess around with other players near server restart

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? absolutely zero warnings, bans, strikes other than verbal warnings for things when i was first starting on the server

Why should you be unbanned: me and a few people were messing around in the last 5 min to server restart, we were all willingly participating, in the last 60 seconds i shot all three of them (we had been doing it one at a time before hand) i was then shot by a guy standing off to the side ( i may have shot back at him after he started shooting me i dont really remember) in the kill cam i heard him say "you cant just rdm right before server restart" mind you multiple people have already said it was fine. the server then restarted and i went to bed. i work night shift so during the week the morning restart happens to be the perfect time to get off for me before going to bed. i dont know if i got a 2 week ban because they thought i was trying to avoid a ban by logging but i genuinely work night shift and get off around server restart, you can look at my log the day before and see i logged off around that time too. I dont just go and kill people for the fun of it outside an RP situation, this was a moment of a few of us having a little bit of fun during a low pop count before restart.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: well i haven't broken any rules in a way that warrants a warning till now, and since i see this is an obvious ban possibility now i wont be doing it in the future.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:[/b] well i generally have a lot of fun playing, i just got gamma in ci and have been trying to be more active during the week because of having a minor leadership role (previously i did not play during the week, because of working said night shift.) I dont intend on having any issues with breaking rules on the server. And i believe had i been on after the restart and participated in a sit, my explanation may have led to a warning rather than a ban (which i will take over a ban if there is still some form of punishment needed after this is reviewed.)

Alpha Toon

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 9, 2021
Hi @Drxgon,
I'm the staff member that banned you for MRDM. When I had logged onto the server, I answered a sit for MRDM and in the clip I was shown, there was no interaction between you and the people killed and it appeared you had to intention to keep shooting before you died. I also had a look through our logs and noticed you had also been killing prior to being reported. Being that it had also been about, 20 mins since you had disconnected, I followed through with the standard punishment for MRDM which is a 2 week ban. Please note that you still need a valid rp reason to kill people and being close to server restart doesn't void the rules.

Regards,
Alpha

Blackknight95

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Jun 7, 2022
Appeal Denied

Hi Drxgon

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

Like what Alpha mentioned, the server restarting soon is not a reason to throw RP to the wind and start killing everyone in sight. Rules still apply, even if RP may be a bit lax (which it shouldn't be)

You may re-appeal in 1 week​

Status
Not open for further replies.