Banko's second ban appeal [SCP-RP USA]

Status
Not open for further replies.

banko

Oct 11, 2023
Your in-game name: Banko Phil
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:599066110
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199158397949
Date of ban: fri oct 20 01:03:11 2023
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Banned by NL
Who banned you: 4K
Ban length?: Permanent
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: To stop this from happening ever again when I hear that there's anything that I can get or, I even hear of that has a chance to ruin someone's reputation I will report whomever is distributing the media. Next I will try to tell that person that they shouldn't be doing anything of the sorts because, it is disrespectful and could make the person that it's targeted to depressed or stop being as much of a good person they can be.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Yes I have multiple warnings, along with around 1-3 kicks and 1 ban however these warning/bans/kicks were mostly from three month+ ago. I'm not saying these punishments were unlawful the people who gave me these had every right to hand the punishments out to me.
Why should you be unbanned: I think I should be unbanned because I won't do anything that will hurt someone's emotions and there reputation, how I will do this is by always keeping my act in check. Also to whoever I hurt by spreading that video I just want to say that I am sincerely sorry for my actions, and I will never do what I did to deserve this permanent ban or anything like it again.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: To make sure that I will not break another rule I will keep myself informed on the rules by seeing if there are any changes to the in game rules on a regular basis. Also before I do anything that may get more heated than it has to be I will make sure that I think before I do it, and don't do anything that could get me or anyone involved in any kind of trouble involving moderators. and I won't say that what I did was acceptable I know that it wasn't also I will admit what I did was stupid, and what I did could have made someone feel disrespected.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: I want to rejoin this server because when I try to move on to a different server I always can't stop thinking about how much fun I had on this server, and this is the only server that gave me the perfect mix of serious roleplay with a bit of fun. I also want to rejoin because I have spend hundreds of hours on this server, including many nights of just doing random things so I can get a laugh out of someone. What I am trying to say is that this server means a lot to me so I don't want to lose the ability to play on it because of something that I did that was extremely stupid of me, finally I just want whoever looks over this appeal to find it in them to please unban me from this wonderful server, and I'm truly sorry.

Canoon

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Jul 23, 2022
Due to this being a Network Leadership ban, you will need to wait for them to post a reply here.

banko

Oct 11, 2023
It's been around 2 weeks since I posted this so is there any idea when I could get a response?

Last edited:

Canoon

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Jul 23, 2022
The Network Leadership team will respond when they get the chance. There are currently only two of them, and they have alot of work that needs to get done.

Senior Ambassador Sledge

Oct 25, 2023
Cincinnati Ohio, United States
Banko Phil originally gave me the link to this video because he trusted me, with the contents. When I found out what the content was I contacted a friend of mine who happens to be staff. I had to tell him it was banko who gave it to me but he was banned for it.

I understand why he was banned but I still disagree with what action was taken. I am replying here because I can vouch for Banko, he was one of the first friends i've made on the server a few months ago and he would never distribute something like this. He's proven to be responsible with what he had received because instead of sharing it with as many people as possible, he was very selective. How he came to choosing me is unknown, but I believe it to be unfair for him to receive the same punishment as someone else who actively spread the information in a public setting for anyone to have access to it.

I get it, it's standard for everyone to get a permaban for spreading trash like that, and I do not condone it at all, but I can say with 100% certainty that Banko Phil here did not intend on ruining anyone's reputation let alone spreading misinformation to others that could defame their character.

Overall this was a really shit event that should've never taken place to begin with and I feel partly responsible for my friend's ban, everyone involved was only trying to get it to the right people/safeguard it.

banko

Oct 11, 2023
I'm trying to not be annoying but, it's been a month now so I just want to when I can get a response?

Ellie

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Feb 21, 2021
Appeal Accepted

Hi @banko

Thanks for taking the time to write a ban appeal.

I'm sorry it took so long for this to be resolved - your situation was a fairly complicated one, and we wanted to make sure we were making the right decision.

As a reminder - spreading material that has the potential to hurt someone is not acceptable in this community. Your application shows that you understand this and understand the consequences of your actions. If you ever receive material like this again, please report it to a member of SL directly.

Welcome back to SCP!

Status
Not open for further replies.