Not open for further replies.

AvengedTMZ

Sep 2, 2024
Your in-game name: Chad "Giga" Taylor

Your SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:50650768

Your steam community link:

Date of blacklist:
Unknown (first noticed about 2-3 weeks ago)

To the best of your knowledge, why were you blacklisted?:
The reason given was that I was blacklisted by Cloak Anti-Cheat for cheating. I have been banned before for cheating however, this was a year or so ago. I served out that punishment and returned to server for several months prior to noticing I was blacklisted. EDIT: I was informed after making this post that I was detected using ESP

Please list any times you have used methods to change or hide your IP (incl. game streaming, e.g. GeForce Now):
I do auto connect to ProtonVPN whenever my computer restarts. I can't recall if it was on when I tried connecting to the server.

Please list any alt accounts:
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199525663641/ (STEAM_0:1:782698956)

Who blacklisted you? (if known): Cloak Anti-Cheat

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url):

What will you do to stop this from happening again:
I have cleared out and freshly installed gmod onto my computer to ensure no left-over files or folders from when I originally installed game modifications are not present.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned/blacklisted?
I have received several kicks and bans from my time with SCP RP. This would be my first time being blacklisted.

Why should you be unblacklisted:
As stated previously, I was informed that I was detected by the anti-cheat for using ESP rather than the issue being with my VPN. I was a bit confused by this as the previous program I utilized for ESP/Lua running in the past was removed from my computer along with the injector about a year ago. (I'm not too technically inclined in this realm so forgive my poor and/or incorrect wording of some of this.) I was a bit surprised since I haven't attempted to modify gmod game files in any way since last year, however, I went digging through my gmod folder and did find some sort of staging folder that held various configuration settings and scripts for the program I previously used for various script running/ESP/cheats. Again, I'm not too familiar with the ins and outs with this stuff so I'm not too sure how to troubleshoot whether or not those configuration and script files were running when I started up the game and to what effect they have with anti-cheat systems. I tried using the previously mapped key that would allow access to the "mod menu" on various servers/single player, but nothing would pop up. I believe this to be a mistake on my part for various reasons. First and foremost being that cheating or modifying game files is unfair, and secondly it being my fault for not ensuring a clean slate on the game files after removing the primary program. While yes, at one point I did utilize cheats on the sever, I did serve out the punishment handed at that time. Since returning, I have refrained from using cheats and was quite active prior to noticing I was blacklisted.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?:
While I must admit that I have broken several rules on the server, I am simply trying to enjoy the server for the fun community it is.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
I have a lot of fond memories on the server. I've been active on the server for almost two years now and have grown to appreciate the roleplay experiences. It's a unique server with many opportunities for fun. I'd like very much to continue on in server after being away for several months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.