Denied certified "I ded" 008 suggestion thread

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheese Cooper

Sep 5, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
A) Give Containment specs innate biohazard resistance as they are in a full suit and are meant to deal with 008 stuff (while we're at it up the cap to 5 because HCZ big now)
B) Make SCP-008 degrade when picked up/taken out of its CC so CI cant sit on it and then use it hours later
C) Cap the number of SCP-008 respawn nodes so they don't eat up the entire respawn menu
D) ERT foam guns
E) Foam guns spawn completely filled instead of 150/500 (CS just put foam outside their spawn to refill on spawn anyways, this removes a step of holding E for 30 seconds every time you respawn)
F) Foam guns do more damage, and slow 008 more. As it stands, not effective as crowd-control at all since it does so little damage.
G) Since D-Block will be a major target for 008 infections, make the doors breakable by them or remove the ability for respawn nodes to appear there (to prevent newly respawned SCP-008 from getting stuck in D-Block)
H) Hazmat suit buffs: Let hazmat suits keep armor/decrease or negate damage from 008. As it stands, it removes your armor and you die in 2-3 hits. This gives you protection from at most one SCP-008 hit before you getting downed/die. But hey, not infected right?
I) Decrease hazmat suit cooldown to 5 minutes, since getting spawncamped by SCP-008 is common
J) Prevent SCP-008 respawn nodes from appearing inside of respawn areas such as medbay, security sector, and research hall to prevent spawncamping

hot take:
make scp-008 not respawn, but people get infected by being near the nodes and turn gradually instead of an unending wave of -2 instances

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
SCP-008 easier to handle
SCP-008 more fun to fight

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
idk you have to code

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Because SCP-008 sucks and is common to breach now (at least once a day at this rate)

Reactions: Harold Hawks
A. +Support if the suit wears off after some time
B. I think this already exists: "Made contaminates have a expire time (15 mins) (Except in the 008 chamber)" in change logs. I'm guessing this includes 008 outside of 008 chamber.
C. +Support but definitely not less than 5, as some respawn spores are put in very bad places
D. Already accepted
E. +Support
F. -Support not really supposed to be the point of foam guns, they are supposed to be just for removing spores
G. +Support on the breaking doors part, -Support on the no spores part
H. +/- Support
I. +/- Support
J. +Support, however I think the 008 should also know better not to kill inside spawn
Hot Take: -Support, respawn funny moment

Cheese Cooper

Sep 5, 2022
Hello, please choose a single rework or 1 feature into this suggestion, as you have multiple suggestions in one suggestion.
yeah but its a 24 hour cooldown to post suggestions, it'd take me over a week to post these

Status
Not open for further replies.