[CG] Factorian Tutorial

Reco

CG Super VIP
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Serbia
GENERAL INFORMATION
Hello, as you see in the title, this guide is about the Factorian job. A lot of times, there are people asking how to do this job and are generally confused about it, so I hope this guide can help everyone get started as Factorian. I will divide this guide into 3 chapters:
1. Starting Point
2. Researching
3. Rocket Launching
Now, you may ask: "Where is it even located?" The answer to that is: Long Beach. A quick way to get to it is taking the left portal on spawn.
xUfynkl.jpg
After you arrive, you will see this:
GhFU2dh.jpg

Chapter One - Starting Point
If you haven't already, you should switch your job to Factorian. It's a classified as a Misc job, and is listed under the Business jobs. Upon switching, you will get a Multi Tool.
"What does the Multi Tool do?" you may ask. It can be used to mine ores, and reposition machines.
oFjvfHC.jpg
qO8NMAn.jpg
After switching, you should go to your Entities F4 Menu and buy a Workbench. It costs 20000£ to buy, and is used for crafting various items.
r5DKU59.jpg
Aq1IiUJ.jpg
Upon pressing your "USE button" (by default E), you will be greeted by this menu listing all the items you can craft and the items you have in it:
DhprihS.jpg

Of course, if you are just starting, your Workbench will be completely empty and you can only make a few items.
The first thing that you need to do is mine iron and copper.
Tip: You can see what ore resource it is when you are close and point towards the resource with a Multi Tool

1EIshVj.jpg
VS2qUA5.jpg
0hn0StE.jpg
ef5WDrt.jpg
To collect ores in the first place, you need to approach the resource with Multi Tool selected, and hold left click. After the bar is filled, 5 ores will pop up. You should gravity gun them to the Workbench, and make them into ingots.
After you got your ore into the Workbench, you will be able to turn it into an ingot as long as you have it unlocked*.
*This means that you can't refine for example Uranium right at the start.
Now that you got your first ore into your Workbench, you should start refining it into ingots! You do this by holding down the "hammer" button, and after a set amount of seconds, it will be refined into an ingot and put into your inventory on the right.
Before the next chapter, I want to point out that it is recommended to make some Platforms for a good workspace.

Chapter Two - Researching
Now that you've made quite a bit of Iron Ingots and Copper Ingots, made them into Scaffolds, Iron Plates, Copper Wires etc, you can start making a Research Lab.
akb2tMT.jpg
E8lMT2T.jpg
To make a Research Lab, you need:
- 10 Iron Plates -> 10 Iron Ingots
- 2 Scaffolds -> 10 Iron Pipes -> 10 Iron Ingots
- 5 Copper Wires -> 5 Copper Ingots

Izhdt8l.jpg
When you press the USE key on the Research Lab, you will see this menu:
oXYZj53.jpg

Now, as well as I did in the Workbench, I did a lot here. My personal recommendation is that you research the main part first.
9J6783r.jpg
To make a MK1 Research Kit you will need:
- 5 Iron Plates
- 2 Scaffolds
- 5 Copper Wires
To see how they are made, refer to the Research Lab part.

4G9DQZe.jpg
To use the MK1 Research Kit, you just put it into the Research Lab the same way you put ores into the work bench. To resarch the 1st main part, you need 5 MK1 Research Kits. Then just click the Research button.
After MK1, come MK2, MK3, MK4. They are basically the same, except for different recipes and used later on.
When you finish researching a bit of the Main part, you'll unlock Devices.
I won't go in-depth about them in this guide, but you can set them up to mine ores for you, melt and even make specific items for you.
For some of them, you will need to use Coal.

vfxDEAY.jpg
6Ojf0Fg.jpg
Chapter Three - Rocket Launching
At this point, you should already have started a process of Automation by placing down Drills, Assemblers, Refiners etc to mine for you. If so - Good Job! If you take a look at your storages, you might see some Artifacts. Every once in a while, your Drill will dig up an Artifact which you can send into space. They all vary in value, and there are quite a bit of them. To send them into space and earn some money - you'll need aRocket Silo, aBooster and a Payload. Since you already finished (hopefully) the Main part of the Research Lab, you can now make a Rocket Silo, Normal Booster and a Small Payload.
JxQgbGq.jpg
5 Iron Plates + 4 Pipes + 10 Scaffolds
jpDqneW.jpg
2 Iron Plates + 2 Scaffolds + 1 Fuel Cell
GzXrc5H.jpg
4 Iron Plates + 2 Scaffolds + 1 Storage
After you have made all that, you can place the Silo, and physgun the Booster and Payload on it.
When you press your USE key on the Silo, this menu will pop up:
IlWT0ku.jpg

Here, you can manage your Payload/Booster and select one of these three destinations:
- Moon
- Space Station
- Civil Universe
Civil Universe
is the furthest away destination, but the most rewarding. The longer the destination is, the better rewards you get.
Rewards can be Speed Upgrades, Range Upgrades, Money etc.
When you choose your location, put all the Artifacts in the Payload and send them to space.
When they return, you collect your rewards, and that marks your First Rocket Launch.

sahns

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Norway
i've actually been wondering how this has worked for a while so i'll definately check this out later

Tom

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 10, 2021
Good tuturial but How does the bot hive work? im still trying to work that out