Denied Change 22415 mechanics

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Illidan Cyplenkov

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Change the SCP so they can no longer use buckets or beams to permanently disable 096 and other SCPs. 22415 is overpowered right now as they can beam you 24/7 so your movement is constantly hindered and they can bucket 096 all the time without risk. You can argue that 035 can cuff them but doing that will need an 035 in the first place and they can simply teleport to a different dimension.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I think so but this suggestion is different.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
More balanced SCPs
More fun
Beter roleplay
Better server reputation (it makes it look less mingy)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
dev work

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This should be accepted because only 035 can counter the SCPs but even that is extremely difficult as he is very weak. And they can simply teleport away if they want to. Totally unbalanced.

Reactions: fiski69

fiski69

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020

+MASSIVE +SUPPORT

-the scp can beam you the whole game while you can do nothing about it
-the scp is immortal
-the only other scp who can do anything about it is 035 but he is very weak!

this shouldnt be an update,this should be an HOTFIX!

Illidan Cyplenkov

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020

+MASSIVE +SUPPORT

-the scp can beam you the whole game while you can do nothing about it
-the scp is immortal
-the only other scp who can do anything about it is 035 but he is very weak!

this shouldnt be an update,this should be an HOTFIX!
Yeah i agree because the only way you can defeat them is with cuffs but only person who can cuff is 035 and it doesn't make sense. and even then its too hard to get them because 035 dies really quick and he can only cuff. But 106 can maybe do something about it but he cant find them in the dimension and he has to run around and its totally unbalanced.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
-Support
Just get good. It's genuinely not as much of an issue as you're making it, you just need to use tactics and not play the server like it's cookie clicker when you're an SCP. People complained about this so much that I tried it as Ricky and the SCP player basically laughed at me because it barely did anything, just made it slightly slower.

• Haha

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
I think a clarification was made, on the US site at least, that Ricky was only allowed to beam SCPs at or below 10%. Bucket restriction makes little sense though, since any sensible combatant could simply get SCRAMBLES and get a bucket from any of the numerous points on the site, accomplishing the same thing without really risking death either. Not like Ricky runs faster than us, so he really has no leg up there.

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
-support imagine a godmoded CI who could kill anybody in foundation base - that's pretty much the situation when an SCP is able to contain ANOTHER SCP

• Haha

Illidan Cyplenkov

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
I think a clarification was made, on the US site at least, that Ricky was only allowed to beam SCPs at or below 10%. Bucket restriction makes little sense though, since any sensible combatant could simply get SCRAMBLES and get a bucket from any of the numerous points on the site, accomplishing the same thing without really risking death either. Not like Ricky runs faster than us, so he really has no leg up there.
Until you realise that 22415 has godmode while normal people with scrambles can be killed by other scps

Reactions: Jimmy Dean

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
WAHHHHHH WE CANT USE THE GODMODDED SCP WITH A CONSTANT BEAM WAHHHHHHHHHHH
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
+Support

Reactions: Jimmy Dean

Jimmy Dean

Mar 25, 2023
+Support.
Any PvP mechanic with practically zero counterplay is unbalanced. Simply running away from "Rickey" forces scummy, less immersive playstyles, i.e., staying in HCZ and Lower LCZ and just killing players off as they navigate tight hallways. This takes away roleplay from the breached SCP as well as MTF Teams who are trained and know how to deal with breaches. Strategy and planning by MTF teams and ERT to tackle a breach is immersive and fun.
Some immortal player following a breached SCP around, beaming him until someone with Containment cuffs happens to come by is not.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy

Arron 'Spectre' Shepard

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
May 8, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Illidan Cyplenkov ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

Rules have been updated/implemented in order to combat many of these issues. we are carefully monitoring and discussing any other changes we feel are necessary.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.