Change Mechanic to Protected Job

Nabster

Jan 14, 2021
Good Evening,

Having played on the server for a while now over a number of months it seems there has been a shift in the RP situations arising throughout the day. When I first started playing you could pretty much guarantee a fair number of police roles compared to criminals, which gave the game some form of balance. Now it appears to have changed to one or two police officers for every 8 or 9 criminals, whether these be specified by job roles, or 'non-law abiding' citizens. This has then changed the entire RP situation, as in almost every situation the result is the police officer ends up dead.

As this is also the case, it limits the use of some of the protected jobs. What I mean by this is that Fire Fighter becomes pretty much redundant as fires happen so infrequently it's not worth sitting around waiting for one car to blow up, and after 30 seconds return to hanging around for another 30 minutes with nothing to do. Paramedic is much the same, even if you are around at the point of an officers death, most people use the fact that 'you may stop a paramedic from reviving someone in certain RP situations' - basically this is every situation that arises.

I'm sure you'd just think 'if you can't beat them, join them', but this blocks the portion of the playerbase that just wants to play to relax without the need to constantly watch where they're going and what they're doing, for fear of being mugged / raided / killed.

I would propose that the Mechanic is converted to a protected job - as the large proportion of players use vehicles to get around the map it makes sense that they will often 'dump and run', not thinking about where they are actually leaving their cars, as there is no comeback. No police means no one to tell them to move their vehicles, which gives the mechanic an opportunity to actually do something. However, following a situation earlier this evening where I attempted to tow a vehicle blocking an entrance to New Industrial, I was given less than 3 seconds of warning to stop towing the vehicle before being beamed from a building.

I will just make it clear that I said nothing about this in game, and this is not a complaint as as far as I am aware everything was done within the rules as they stand at the moment. A couple of other players did say at the time that the job was protected and I shouldn't have been killed, but as I say, upon checking the rules this seems to have been a legitimate situation.

At the end of the day it seems as if the mechanic is completely unbalanced in the vast majority of situations. I'm not sure that instant death is a fitting RP conclusion to towing a vehicle when the mechanic is only allowed a handgun compared to high powered rifles. All in all it seems like a fairly redundant job at the moment - perhaps making it protected with the caveat that Mechanics must own an industrial unit to be able to store towed vehicles would be a way around this. Or even editing the rules slightly to stop players essentially KOS'ing a mechanic who is towing a vehicle - instead they have the ability to raid an industrial unit to retrieve their vehicle. There could also be a 'maximum fine' rule to ensure that people aren't abusing the fine system.

Sorry this is a long thread, however I wanted to justify my point to hopefully have a positive impact on the RP situations that arise during gameplay. Feel free to let me know what you think.

Kind Regards

Reactions: Epicstorm

{Mercs}DoR

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Feb 23, 2021
@Nabster make a suggestion of this in discord. it may be good to link this for a full explanation of your suggestion so it's not really long but suggestions like this either go in the town hall or the discord

Nabster

Jan 14, 2021
@{Mercs}DoR Have done so in the suggestions section of Discord. Apparently I have no permission to post in the Suggestions tab but it appears I've made a thread in the same format as the other messages. Not sure why I can't post, I'm guessing it's amount of time I've been a member, however Discord is far from my strong point so if it's incorrect and someone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.