Denied Change reality bending key to 'B'

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
changing the reality bending swep's use key to B

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Better accessibility to the SCP for anyone with different controls
"B" is used for suit zoom, which is disabled when using the radio. I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to implement something similar for opening the reality bending menu.
It shouldn't interfere with anything & is in the middle of the keyboard, other SCPs already use the key for their own actions so it isn't a big change
I'd imagine it's REALLY easy to fix (just change the use key to B instead of R). A small fix like this could be introduced with the HCZ update (i beg)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Reality benders might need to re-accustom to using a different key
Maybe it's harder than expected to change the key it's mapped to?

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I usually try and put more negatives than positives on my suggestions but here there's really no negatives i can think of other than people having to get used to one key being changed. B is an almost completely unused key, only used for suit zoom which can be disabled (as shown by the radio)

For anybody with different control setups, you'll know the reality bending swep being stuck on the R key is very annoying and tedious to use. I've asked cloak about changing the reality bending swep to the "+reload" key instead of R, and he that "There's not much I can do about that".
I think this is a good direction to go to increase the accessibility of reality bending.
It's a really uncommon issue, but at least for me whenever I hop on a reality bender I need to unbind my R key (which I use to open chat) before I can even play, and reach my hand across the entire keyboard.

Attachments

• 1683570960225.png
    1683570960225.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
G is to break doors as a scp quite annoying as tg i imagine

G is to break doors as a scp quite annoying as tg i imagine
i forgot that breaking doors (the MAIN FEATURE of an SCP) uses G :skull:
suit zoom, B, can always be used: the radio disables the suit zoom feature, so i imagine it wouldn't be hard to do the same thing if reality bending was bound to it ill change the suggestion to that

I'm sorry, a bit confused, why is it hard to have it on R? You can't hold out your gun whilst you use the reality bending swep, so I dont see the problem here. (As someone who is an average Type Green Enjoyer)
for anyone whose controls are different (eg me) the button is still stuck on R, no matter what it's bound to. For me, eg, whenever I press R it opens team chat (not to mention it being on the other side of the keyboard from all my controls), meaning whenever someone with different controls is on type blue or green it's just more tedious to use the swep since you'll need to rebind keys, and unbind others. It's generally clunky and slow to play when you have to take your hands off of movement just to press R. If it's rebound to B, no matter where your controls are, you can just tap it with your thumb that you'd otherwise tap the spacebar with.
hope that made sense

Just do this, allow you to change your keybinds for SCP ( Example breaking doors, reality bending abilitys, and what not) allow you to change those keys.
thing is, if a suggestion is accepted that asks them to let you change all SCP keybinds it'd be stuck in a backlog for MONTHS, i'd imagine a simple change like putting it onto another key that's just as convenient to use would take much less time to implement

Blondie

Mar 9, 2022
Sweden
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Bill Nye The Guy ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

There is no need to change the bind from R to B. If you desire to change it yourself, you can change your reload bind through the options menu.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

• Angry
Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy
Status
Not open for further replies.