Accepted Chaos Insurgency Update

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MazuzaM

Apr 7, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
A Chaos Insurgency update involving the following:

- Neuro Controller

- Biological Weapon

Neuro Controller
The Chaos Insurgency would have a neuro controller available in base every 2 hours (this could be made like a prop that can be picked up), the Chaos Insurgency would be able to place this neuro controller on sentient SCPs by pressing LMB on them. After the SCP has a neuro controller equipped a message will appear (e.g. Neuro Controller ### has been placed on your head, assist the Chaos Insurgency) and they will be allowed to assist the Chaos Insurgency and follow their orders (e.g guard base, assist in a raid etc..). The neuro device will wear off after the SCP dies or gets rc, however there could be a thing that would allow other GOIs to break it somehow.

Biological Weapon
The only biological weapon available to the Chaos Insurgency is a SCP-008 SYRINGE. What I am suggesting is to allow R&D to build a set of weapons that can host the SCP-008 syringe. The building process would take 20+ minutes based off what is being built, here is a list of suggested biological weapons that could be made:

- Crossbow, 20 minutes, can shoot a dart of SCP-008 infecting the hit subject
- Mortar Strike, 60 minutes, a strike full of SCP-008 gas would be done in a designated area (USABLE ONLY BY DELTA COMMAND) if a CI attempts to use it and he isnt DELCOM+ a message would pop up saying that you cannot operate the weapon
- "Grenade" launcher, 30 minutes, 3 shells full of SCP-008 gas can be shot with a grenade launcher.

REMINDER THAT THESE WEAPONS WONT WORK IF A 008 SYRINGE ISNT STOLEN AND PUT INSIDE OF IT
Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Chaos Insurgency Update
- More Roleplay for R&D
- More uniqueness in CI

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- If CI gets their hand on 008 too frequently it would be a problem but SL can make limitations

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The Chaos Insurgency doesnt have anything unique for now, the only thing close to SCP utilization is currently being done by the other 2 factions as well (SCP Chemicals) so it doesnt leave CI anything unique for what they are.​

Free "Spirit"

Apr 30, 2023
+support i think the neuro transmitter should be crafted like you need multiple Live scps samples and a 2 hour cooldown etc

DoomGuy

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 4, 2021
While a cool idea. i find the biological weapon not so balanced. 008 is already a nightmare to deal with unless you have some god tier ERT which most aren't.

The Neuro Controller is really cool but every 2 hours, is around every breach so i dont think it should be every 2 hours. personally i think it should be a every 6-8 hours since and maybe make it wear off after 1 hour or Term/RC to keep balance. I also think 8854 and 323 shouldn't be able to be Controlled, ofc to keep balance.

SkyWing

Feb 8, 2023
So with CI already having a massive upper hand on surface against the foundation, you want to make them even more overpowered and be able to controll SCP's. Even with the crossbow, mortar strike and grenade launcher full of 008 samples. That is way to OP. The foundation will not have a chance. As GOC are teamed with you guys most of the time this will just be unfair. If anything, it would be the foundation that comes up with these devices as they are way more technologically advanced than the CI.

MazuzaM

Apr 7, 2022
So with CI already having a massive upper hand on surface against the foundation, you want to make them even more overpowered and be able to controll SCP's. Even with the crossbow, mortar strike and grenade launcher full of 008 samples. That is way to OP. The foundation will not have a chance. As GOC are teamed with you guys most of the time this will just be unfair. If anything, it would be the foundation that comes up with these devices as they are way more technologically advanced than the CI.
Not too OP, CI has to craft and get the 008 samples, Nu7 has GOC help and DEA Disguises so if you keep losing 008 samples it's a you problem not CIs. SL Can micro manage how many times CI breaches 008 regardless. Also in CI Lore the Chaos Insurgency has far more advanced anomalous technology than the SCP Foundation hate it to break it to you

MazuzaM

Apr 7, 2022
While a cool idea. i find the biological weapon not so balanced. 008 is already a nightmare to deal with unless you have some god tier ERT which most aren't.

The Neuro Controller is really cool but every 2 hours, is around every breach so i dont think it should be every 2 hours. personally i think it should be a every 6-8 hours since and maybe make it wear off after 1 hour or Term/RC to keep balance. I also think 8854 and 323 shouldn't be able to be Controlled, ofc to keep balance.
That requires CI to capture an SCP or find a docile one mid breach so it would still be an hassle

Free "Spirit"

Apr 30, 2023
Not too OP, CI has to craft and get the 008 samples, Nu7 has GOC help and DEA Disguises so if you keep losing 008 samples it's a you problem not CIs. SL Can micro manage how many times CI breaches 008 regardless. Also in CI Lore the Chaos Insurgency has far more advanced anomalous technology than the SCP Foundation hate it to break it to you
LORE doesnt matter here balance does there should be heavy restrcictions i have some in mind

with the neuro transmitter it can only be used with LTCOM + perms only gives back 20% of an scp health and can only be used 2 times per day maximum this also cannot be 323 or 8854 and must be a foundation SCP

Jonas Enry

SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Mar 4, 2023
Ireland
The neuro transmitter is cool and makes sense for CI as they want to weaponise SCPs ect ect.
But the 008 stuff is a big no. like 008 is meant to be hard to breach and as such making a mortar thats filled with gas or a crossbow makes it so CI can breach it without leaving base. and makes it to strong. SCP 008 should only be injectable now. its not balanced in anyway to have 008 be a ranged weapon

MazuzaM

Apr 7, 2022
The neuro transmitter is cool and makes sense for CI as they want to weaponise SCPs ect ect.
But the 008 stuff is a big no. like 008 is meant to be hard to breach and as such making a mortar thats filled with gas or a crossbow makes it so CI can breach it without leaving base. and makes it to strong. SCP 008 should only be injectable now. its not balanced in anyway to have 008 be a ranged weapon
I literally said that you need to aquire a 008 syringe before doing it

Jonas Enry

SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Mar 4, 2023
Ireland
I literally said that you need to aquire a 008 syringe before doing it
Ok so you guys raid low pop times and then get an 008 syringe and then can fire a mortar at the foundation or use a grenade launcher on a raid and cause chaos. it is devastating enough that the majority of 008 breaches end in a code black this will compound the issue even further

Blu

Nov 8, 2022
+support neuro transmitter good idea
-support on the 008 stuff even if its hard to get syringes thats still really powerful

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+/- Neutral
-The Neuro Controller is very creative, and makes some sense (such as for 939)
-Bro why do we need more biological weapons we already do a 008 breach a day

MrSiens

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Mar 21, 2022
-Support
SCPs teaming with CI is a pure balance concern, in spite of the 2 hour cooldown i think this would make CI raids significantly more potent and cause havoc that would last for the majority of the cooldown. Not to mention the idea of a neuro controller working on certain scps is also very lore defying.

CI raid, grab 7722, it takes an hour and 30 mins to contain it and its only 30 mins until they can do it all over again.

This would be severely damaging to the non-combative roleplay of the server, longer raids and breaches is not what tze server needs.

I do not think SCP-008 needs another buff and being able to airstrike an area with SCP-008 is not only once again lore defying, but also way past overtuned.

From what ive seen, CI has no problems infecting people with 008, and removing the risk of losing it when used offensively would be overpowered.

Increasing SCP-008 breaches would also be very detrimental to roleplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.