Denied Chemical Identification Changes

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This Suggestion would make it so that once a chemical has been scanned enough times (up to the content team) it would always be recognizable. Example: I have scanned Interdimensional Fluid samples 3 different times so now whenever I take them or pick them up instead of it being Unknown it would tell me what it was. (IC explanation would be that you have worked with it enough to identify it via appearance, smell, consistency, etc)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I don't believe so from what I searched but finding things on the forums is a bit difficult so its possible

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Less confusion about what chems are what when searching inventory
Dont need to spend time scanning all your samples whenever you collect a bunch (More than the first time to ID them)
Less people can claim they took a chemical "not knowing what it was/could do"

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Less chemical RP?
If accepted a bunch of people hogging scanning machines for a few days when implemented
Really cant think of much more

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This suggestion should be accepted because its a nice QOL improvement that I think many could enjoy, when im working to make more advanced chemicals like NHU or Class F and I take the wrong chemical from my inventory stash because it looks similar to another it can be frustrating, and other users I have talked too share the same experiences, it would also like mentioned above help cut down on incorrect chemical use wether accidental or not because people wouldn't confuse chemicals.

Oct 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Suggestion Denied

Hi @KingOfCommon,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

After discussing this suggestion, we concluded that implementing this feature would completely defeat the purpose of the microscope and the RP surrounding the creation and identification of chemicals.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.