Claire's Rust Mapper Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire!

Blacklisted Player
May 29, 2022
Los Angeles, California
( Ventz forwarded me here, with this Format to use.)
-In-game name on all servers you play:
Claire! Rust
Claire "Syringe" SCP RP UK Server.
Mia Ivy MRP

-Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:195735014

-For how long have you played on our servers?:

If we are talking about rust, I have been playing the Rust servers since release, and being a play tester before it was out. But I have played Civil networks for quite a few months.

-What country are you from?:

United States

-Time Zone:

PST

-Do you have a mic?:
Yes.

-Is this your first application for Mapper? If not, link previous ones:

Yes, this is my first app.

-Have you received any bans?:

No, I have no received any Punishment received on any Civil networks server.

-How confident are you with RustEdit (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide):

I would say I am at a 5, with the ability to improve quickly i could get higher then a 5.

-Do you have previous experience as a Mapper for Rust?:

I have not been any mapper for any rust server, no. I have played around with building with Rust Edit,

-How many hours can you commit to Mapping per week?:
I would say 4-6 hours a week. Maybe longer ( most likely longer but that is for sure my shortest.

-Why do you want to be a Mapper? What can you help us with?:

To be honest, I have noticed the Dev needing help, I learned how to map in rust mostly to help out the community's rust server, and to make sure the other mappers dont over stress them out, I do quite wish to help out with the rust mapping team, and get some more stuff in, as I do quite enjoy it. I am also able to help with pretty much anything that I can do, and would glad to help with creating new monuments, etc.

-Which server(s) on Civil Networks do you play on and which ones would you most prefer to map for?

As this is a rust app, I would wish to help out building rust maps for the upcoming wipes.

-Have you made & edited any map before? if so attach some images showcasing your map & edit

I have made a basic custom monuement, mostly with just spawning prefabs, and some hidden details within it.
https://imgur.com/a/z7CxglM
https://imgur.com/a/CChruUX
( and last one just one big image)
https://imgur.com/a/5CNFk4v

-List any ideas of new maps/map edits for Civil Networks that you would like to work on.

What I would like to work on, might honestly what I told Ventz and one of the other mappers, Removal of Bandit, and combine Bandit ( Merchants and whatever is missing from bandit) to outpost.
As Bandit has been shown to cause lag, and overall outpost is the more fps saving one.

Claire!

Blacklisted Player
May 29, 2022
Los Angeles, California
( last image is view distance so you probbaly wont be able to see all of it)

I have made a bridge type building where its above water, and its a building with a gambling station, along with a recyler, and a vending machine market.

I have noticed a few problems with my builds that I am overall trying to fix , its mostly the walls, I am decent with roofs, along with decorating with Prefabs, however placing custom walls is the problem that I am overall trying to fix

LegoManOnHash

Aug 31, 2022
Hello Claire, I like your concepts so far, yet as you mentioned, there were some things that needed to be fixed, such as the floor merging into the building and adding a "Ladder Trigger" so that watch tower has a proper climbable ladder.

Your "bridge" that you built could use some work as it looks very basic and it's just walls and a floor repeated over a certain distance. If you could add support beams/pillars below the bridge to make it connected to something, that would make it look better as well.

Overall, with the right learning tools you should be able to catch on pretty fast and if you're motivated it shouldn't be too difficult to catch you up as well.

I would practice more on placing down custom monuments, or monuments that are already in the editor and try to fix the surrounding environment to make the terrain line up with buildings, such as putting a monument on a non-flat terrain and then raising/smoothing it to look natural in the world.

If you reach out to me, I can provide you with some learning materials that if followed properly will prepare you for the long run.

Other than that, I wish you the best of luck!

- LegoManOnHash

Claire!

Blacklisted Player
May 29, 2022
Los Angeles, California
Hello Claire, I like your concepts so far, yet as you mentioned, there were some things that needed to be fixed, such as the floor merging into the building and adding a "Ladder Trigger" so that watch tower has a proper climbable ladder.

Your "bridge" that you built could use some work as it looks very basic and it's just walls and a floor repeated over a certain distance. If you could add support beams/pillars below the bridge to make it connected to something, that would make it look better as well.

Overall, with the right learning tools you should be able to catch on pretty fast and if you're motivated it shouldn't be too difficult to catch you up as well.

I would practice more on placing down custom monuments, or monuments that are already in the editor and try to fix the surrounding environment to make the terrain line up with buildings, such as putting a monument on a non-flat terrain and then raising/smoothing it to look natural in the world.

If you reach out to me, I can provide you with some learning materials that if followed properly will prepare you for the long run.

Other than that, I wish you the best of luck!

- LegoManOnHash
Hey! I wasn't able to show the full bridge, but there was pillars/beams ( I can get the picture here in a moment showing this)
I'll be DMing you asking for a bit more learning materials as I do wish to improve my work and help as much as possibile.

Claire!

Blacklisted Player
May 29, 2022
Los Angeles, California
Not been able to get any new photos of new projects since I have been busy with IRL.
And SCP along with other stuff.

I however have worked on stuff before the IRL, just forgot to take some photos, I did get some Inspration from LegoMan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.