Denied Class E Personnel

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion would add a new job.

The wiki defines Class E persons as
Class E is a provisional classification applied to field agents and containment personnel that have been exposed to potentially dangerous effects during the course of securing and establishing initial containment over a newly-designated anomalous object, entity, or phenomenon. Class E personnel are to be quarantined as soon as possible, monitored, and screened for potentially harmful changes in behavior, personality, or physiology, and may only return to duty after being fully debriefed and cleared by psychiatric and medical staff.

For the purpose of the server this definition would be expanded to include foundation staff who have been determined as clinically insane by a Consultant+. In addition to those who have been exposed to a cognito hazars

The selection for this job would be very similar to the arrest npc system, allowing consultants to drag a cuffed individual to the quarantine room and press e on the npc.

This would then job switch the cuffed individual to Class E, which would be a retextured D class model, spawningf in the quarantine room.

Unlike the arrest system, however, it would not have a time limit, and instead would only be released if the individual job switches or a Consultant+deems them sane/non contaminated (essentially undressing them).

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I do not believe so

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Facilitates medical roleplay around being exposed to cognito hazards and psychology rp.
- Creates a gameplay loop use for thr quarantine room that is never used

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Abuse?
- this would be countered by the system only being Consultant+, or perhaps CM+ since they are now jb approved.
- it would also be governed by a similar rule to the Hostage limit rule:
Class E: A player may only be held on Class E for a maximum of 30 minutes, after which if treatment rp is not ongoing, the player must be released.

Any abuse of this would be dealt with by staff just like the with the Hostage rule.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe it would facilitate substantial medical rp, adding medics into the gameplay loop of Research/sopc as individuals who have become effected by cognito hazard will be encouraged through ingame mechanisms to roleplay it out.

It would also improve tribunal roleplay. With the defendants getting a mental stability tests before their tribunal, and if need be, being held as a class e until the tribunal.

Reactions: fyzar
Good suggestion, on the US senior doctor is superior in rank to combat medics, and each senior doctor can either be trusted, untrusted or neutral, so you'd best leave it to the trusted senior doctors if you're going to allow anybody other than consultants+ to diagnose. (I know this is a departmental policy, but the NPC would have to be whitelisted to senior doctors, not combat medics)

I feel like this could be fun, but having someone basically arrested and put in quarantine as a cure is a no, as it just denies them RP with everyone else.
Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Creates a gameplay loop use for thr quarantine room that is never used
Can I ask, would this be the rubber room in medbay, or the room with the bed and door that is accessed by a pannel?

Past all that i think its a cool idea
+Support

I feel like this could be fun, but having someone basically arrested and put in quarantine as a cure is a no, as it just denies them RP with everyone else.

Can I ask, would this be the rubber room in medbay, or the room with the bed and door that is accessed by a pannel?

Past all that i think its a cool idea
+Support
Being put IN the quarantine room would not be the rp lmao. It would be a mechanic to facilitate _and encourage it.

Quarantine room with a bed and a door.

Reactions: Niox
what would be the RP then? After you're diagnosed with being a Class E personnel, how would you lose that designation, other than just sitting there, until they go "ah, all good" and let you dip
Rp drug treatment and therapy

Medical with the help of Research could devise and test different therapy types and drug programs to help deal with the effects.

Reactions: Niox

Harold Hawks

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Mar 12, 2023
America
Suggestion Denied

Hi elad,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

This is already possible through the initiative of players within RP and can be assisted with staff/GM help if needed.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.