closed discussion

Hello Sprucerrr,

Thank you for the post to shine the light on some matters to do with broad conduct in the server. As an experienced staffer in MRP, we have a strict policy against ableism, derogatory targeting and etc. However, that being said, if you or any other individual is dealing with or had dealt with such manner, you or any other individual must report it to a staffer either on the forums, discord, teamspeak or in game. Make sure to gather any evidence as word of mouth makes it hard to accurately manage a situation.

Cheers,

-Dmitri

Mar 30, 2023
Hello Sprucerrr,

Thank you for the post to shine the light on some matters to do with broad conduct in the server. As an experienced staffer in MRP, we have a strict policy against ableism, derogatory targeting and etc. However, that being said, if you or any other individual is dealing with or had dealt with such manner, you or any other individual must report it to a staffer either on the forums, discord, teamspeak or in game. Make sure to gather any evidence as word of mouth makes it hard to accurately manage a situation.

Cheers,

-Dmitri
I know, dont worry, im doing this mostly to bring this to the community so people are aware of precisely what you are saying and how grave ableism is, and ty

Reactions: Mango
i will note very little after i posted this someone with a lot of power used an ableist slur so imagine this issue, how deep it runs.
Hi, we don't currently plan to ban the use of the 'r-word' in our community, although if I can be shown that enough people in the community are bothered by it, it's something we can consider. Toxicity punishments may apply if you are addressing individual members of the community as that word, but we won't be automatically banning people who use it in a general sense (e.g. 'I am retarded', 'that MTF is retarded', etc). Our policy has always been to blanket ban words that target gender, sexuality, race, or religion, and that won't be changing, however, we don't ban words outside of these unless they are used against players directly. This is the balance we have maintained for the lifetime of the community and so far it has worked well.

Thanks.

Reactions: Funhaus and Mango
Mar 30, 2023
That is obviously not allowed - but you should report that to a staff member when it happens, with a Steam ID and time. Not every message is spotted, and unfortunately, not every staff member takes action when they spot these things. Reporting it allows for SL to correct the issue and make improvements.
Im not trying to make it seem like it goes unnoticed or unmoderated, im here to bring this to the community for them to understand what im saying (obviously this and everything like it is to be reported)

Deleted member 1078

I really want to share my actual thoughts on this post, but as they would result in another forum ban I will just say good post!

"Ableism (/ˈeɪbəlɪzəm/; also known as ablism, disablism (British English), anapirophobia, anapirism, and disability discrimination) is discrimination and social prejudice against people with disabilities and/or people who perceive themselves as being disabled."

The usage of the word "retard" out of context does not make it ableism, there is no discrimination towards people who are disabled, there is no social prejudice nor anything else that can classify someone saying "this is retardered" ableism, this seems like you are just trying to make everything so strict because you are bothered by a word that no one ever cared about, it's already toxicity to call someone a retard but it doesn't mean that it's ableism nor it should be classified as severe toxicity..

Mar 30, 2023
"erm erm actually, this word that i like to use, that was used throughout history to dehumanise disabled individuals is not a slur or wrong to say, because um erm, even if its a complicated social issue, look at this dictionary, because erm, it says exactly what i am not saying. erm so yeah i will keep saying a slur, because i like belittling people, knowing this slur is devastating to the disabled community, erm. ??"

"erm erm actually, this word that i like to use, that was used throughout history to dehumanise disabled individuals is not a slur or wrong to say, because um erm, even if its a complicated social issue, look at this dictionary, because erm, it says exactly what i am not saying. erm so yeah i will keep saying a slur, because i like belittling people, knowing this slur is devastating to the disabled community, erm. ??"
I never heard a person with any disability get offended by this word when I used it out of context, and I know many of them, I bet you do not have any kind of disability and you are just trying to start arguments on the forums..

Mar 30, 2023
I never heard a person with any disability get offended by this word when I used it out of context, and I know many of them, I bet you do not have any kind of disability and you are just trying to start arguments on the forums..
I am autistic, i have aspd and dysgraphia. And i didnt ask about your personal experience mind you, i do not give a fuck.