Not open for further replies.

Connor | FUDGESICLE

FUDGESICLE
Oct 8, 2021
London
-In-game name on all servers you play: Connor Humphreys, Jerusalem

-Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:41852131

-For how long have you played on our servers?:

I started playing CC in 2018, I am currently maining MRP which I have been playing since 2020.

-What country are you from?:

England

-Time Zone:

BST

-Do you have a mic?:

Yes

-Is this your first application for Mapper? If not, link previous ones:

This is my first Developer / Mapping Application.

-Have you received any bans?:

I have received a few bans throughout the time I have played, I have been banned on MRP and CC. These were an extremely long time ago and I have learnt from them since.

-How confident are you with Hammer (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide):

I would place myself around a 4-5, I started tried learning hammer around a month ago. I sought advice from 2 former members of the community however I found it extremely daunting, over a week ago @Harry explained and showed me how to use Hammer properly, i.e. how to make func_detail and other basic optimizations like no_draws. I am not going to claim that I am some godsent mapper like Freeze but I would say that I have a very good basic grasp of hammer and I am more than willing to take criticism and seek advice from people like Harry or Freeze.

-Do you have previous experience as a Mapper for GMod?:

I do not.

- What source games have you mapped for and used the content of?:

I have mapped for Garry's Mod and used the content from CSGO and CS:Source.

-How many hours can you commit to Mapping per week?:

I can commit as much time as needed, around 10 - 15 hours a week.

-Why do you want to be a Mapper? What can you help us with?:

I have wanted to learn Hammer for a very long time but as stated previously I have the prospect extremely daunting since making a proper effort to learn Hammer I would say that I have learnt how to make reasonably basic structures extremely quickly. As stated above I am not claiming I am some Hammer God but that I have a good basic grasp and would feel comfortable making edits to maps and performing basic optimizations. MRP, the server that I main, has needed a consistent mapper for a very long time, while Harry has been amazing due to not fault of his own he has not been able to be as active as he would like to be.

-Which server(s) on the CG Network do you play on and which ones would you most prefer to map for?

I main MRP however I have quite alot of experience on SCP, I have also played the Rust servers a bit. I would obviously prefer to map for MRP but I would be more then willing to assist with anything else if needed, which I seriously doubt :ROFLMAO:.

-Have you made & edited any map before? if so attach some images showcasing your map & edit

I will list some of the things I have made / edited on Hammer:

RP_Highlands [Edit]

1685570025188.png

This is a bunker that I am currently making on Highlands, I will show more photos below, I made the set of stairs and have optimized them by making them into a func_detail and have textured the unseen / underside as no_draws.

1685570136703.png

As shown in the image above I have used the clipping tool to remove any excess brush to tidy it up and as a very basic form of optimization.

1685570258467.png

I have also made a double door, where the top opens upwards and the bottom downwards, I have also attached a button with another button on the other side used to close it.

1685570359338.png

1685570476097.png

I also understand how to do interior lighting, for this light I have used a light_spot, env_sprite and prop_static.

First_Map.VMF [Made from scratch]

1685570757033.png

I made this map to show the stuff that I have learnt, it is by no means perfect but I believe it to be of decent quality. I will show more screenshots, I understand how to make displacements and how to paint the geometry to make it look neat. I also understand how to use blends and how to paint Alphas to make maps look more natural.

1685570930705.png

I made this building from scratch, it was the first working door that I made, I personally think that it looks alright. The stairs are a func_detail for optimization purposes (not that it is needed on this map but it shows my ability to do so).

1685571054274.png

I understand the basics of skyboxes and lighting, while I still could learn a lot I believe I have a decent enough understanding on this specific part of mapping.

-List any ideas of new maps/map edits for CG that you would like to work on.

If I were to ever become mapper the first map I would wish to work on would be Backwater, I understand that the VMF needs a lot of work as the last version I saw has a lot of vital parts missing and the optimization is horrible, I would also like to make changes that I can recall the community wanted from when we last played Backwater, such as removing a lot of the bushes and horrible head glitch spots. I would also very much like to remove 90% of the Labs cap point as I imagine it takes up a large % of the maps Brushes and it is absolutely horrible to balance as a cap point. I very much believe as a Senior Admin that I have invaluable insight into the community and I love to use this to the advantage of the community :).

I would just like to reiterate, I am not claiming to be some absolutely 10/10 mapper. I hope that this application has shown to anyone that reads it that I have a good understanding of Hammer and I would hopefully be able to make the changes necessary to MRP. I am completely open to criticism and am happy to receive any tips and/or advice.

Thank you for reading my application.

Have a lovely day / night :)

Alex

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jun 30, 2021
England
+Support

I mean what a guy, He's really put the work in for this a Honest Application made with blood and sweat, It is clear he does not only want this role but he needs it, Through raw determination and Effort he has found himself in his current position giving so much to the community and now he wants to offer even more, After looking at these map designs as well it speaks wonders the vision the imagination the possibilities are endless with this guy like what is cloak waiting for hire this man, He is the full package plain and simple.

Remmy

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
+Support, exceptional member of the community, and currently very trusted due to your senior staff position.

Best of luck, Connor! :love:

Attachments

• 1685572411938.png
    1685572411938.png
    587.9 KB · Views: 99
Last edited by a moderator:

James V

Sep 24, 2022
+support

Designs are of a good quality and Im sure they could improve further with more practice and experience

Connor | FUDGESICLE

FUDGESICLE
Oct 8, 2021
London
Update:

1685622111378.png

I have updated the tunnel inside my bunker on highlands, I have used rock faces and the paint geometry tool to make it look more natural.

1685622218762.png

I have done the same for the stairs leading to the bunker.

Michiel-MV

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Group Moderator
Jan 1, 2021
Belguim
+Support

This man deserves it he is very hard worker and is showing and putting in alot of work into mapping these last couple of weeks. He just really started but allready has the basic's under control. I think he would do very good within this role and he is cleary a quick study so the only thing we will see from him is inprovement.

Status
Not open for further replies.