Denied Consider 096's doors being open/broken as it being breached

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Consider 096's doors being open as it being breached

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Nothing came up when I searched

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
○ E-11 will have to be more attentive when it comes to closing doors
○ HCZ will not always be as safe as it's been. It'll actually be dangerous to wander around down there
○ More 096 activity

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
○ E-11 will have to be more attentive

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
As the current rules state;

845992401ffa5a3eaeb8f4073387ff68.png

096 is only considered breached if the box states it to be so, yet when its doors are open, it should be allowed to walk out given it's current containment system including doors that close when another opens, I forgot the name of it. Effectively barring 096 from leaving.

The box should not always be an indicator for an SCP's breach.

This change would allow 096 to leave its chamber all together, if all doors are open/broken, and roam HCZ freely compared to it only being allowed to do so if its image is spawned somewhere or the box is hacked. HCZ is far too safe currently, when it shouldn't be. There's dangerous creatures locked up and it should feel as though anything could kill you around any given corner when you're down below.

Feb 22, 2024
The only issue i have for this is there isn't always someone to repair the doors. E-11 do not have any job with a repair tool and this would be the only way it could be reliably kept on top of it but we wont get this due to it taking tasks away from Tech Experts/ engineers.

The only issue i have for this is there isn't always someone to repair the doors. E-11 do not have any job with a repair tool and this would be the only way it could be reliably kept on top of it but we wont get this due to it taking tasks away from Tech Experts/ engineers.
call a tech expert or normal engineer?

ask them to flag on, its really simple

doors autofix after a set time period anyway

also another thing i noticed
096 is only considered breached if the box states it to be so
box does not state breached if just the picture is out and 096 is not enraged. box only states breached if enraged

so this statement is actually incorrect...?

Apr 5, 2023
+/- NEUTRAL
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This is a good suggestion but E-11 have enough problems as it is and this will put more stress on the regiment having to as Masson said dedicate an E-11 or multiple to hold his CC until a tech expert fixes it adding to this half of the time tech experts don't actually do there job and just mess about around site which is something we can't fix also SCP's just breaking the door to breach an SCP is way to easy to breach an SCP and should not be allowed.

Ah yes. E11 would love having to hold 096s until the 45min auto repair kicks in.
or just call in a tech expert

like i get that some just hop on the job to fuck around, but there are a few other people that actually do what the job entails

youre making it a bigger problem than it is

this could be solved by making the main chamber door unbreachable which i think would also make a bit of sense
the thing is, i don't think you can make certain doors unbreakable for all but one scp - and it would need to remain breakable by 096 in the event he's behind it and someone sees his face (i.e. the majority of ways an 096 breach starts and intended way for him to breach)

Status
Not open for further replies.