Denied D-class AFK Change

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
When D-class are marked as AFK, don't immediately slay and force them back to the main menu. I understand this happening in the cells/spawn, as it removes people that were AFK at spawn, but even outside of the cells and inside the main D-block area, this doesn't make any sense and can cause people to lose things that take a lot of effort to gain as D-class, and can be triggered easily even when not actually AFK. There is also not really any real need for this to happen outside D-block.

As an example of this, I was a D-class with an E-11 LTCOM disguise, a CL4 E-11 LTCOM keycard, basically every weapon I could possibly want (Sanctum, GRY SBR, Double Barrel, etc.), and more. I was in SS modifying my weapon attachments (so I wasn't even actually AFK, I was actively doing things in-game), and suddenly I am forced back to the main menu and slayed because I was marked as AFK. I was very lucky that this process is actually either bugged or has an existing problematic workaround of you keeping your items when you respawn again, so I had all my weapons still, but I lost my disguise, lost the name on my card as it was reset back to my D-class name, and was now in D-block again and had to break out.

I understand that the AFK system has reasons to exist, and reasons why it might be more of a problem for D-class to be AFK, but given how people can end up being marked AFK even when they actually aren't, whether because they're in a menu, or simply stand still too long, or are forced AFK by being held still in handcuffs, the possibility of losing everything and being forced back to D-block is a problem.

The fact that you keep your items when respawned is either also a bug, or is purposeful to prevent people from losing items when AFK'd as D-class - but either way, it can also be abused, as it allows D-class to essentially teleport back to D-block with all of their items from anywhere on the map. They could be in the nuke room with a CL5 and every AA weapon on the planet, and would be able to essentially teleport back into D-block with all of that.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I can't tell, because you aren't able to search for the term "AFK" on the forums, and I am not going to manually search through every suggestion ever made for this. I don't know of one, at least.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • Prevents D-class from being sent back to D-block after escaping, which takes effort
  • Allows D-class to actually stand still to e.g. go into a menu, go AFK briefly as needed, etc. without worrying about losing everything
  • Prevents D-class from deliberately abusing this mechanic to be sent back to D-block with their carried items

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • Maybe slight server load increase from D-class being able to be marked as AFK and not be removed
  • D-class could go AFK, be found to have wrong hume levels but be unable to be arrested due to cuffs not working properly on AFK people (they can still be killed, and this problem exists for literally anyone that goes into 914 except D-class already)
  • This existing system would potentially prevent the abuse of the ID card name bug, and would no longer be in place (not sure if this is even deliberately because of this, or just a happy accident)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It has no negatives that I know of that would be of much actual concern, and would prevent D-class from losing stuff that they have worked for for no reason. The only actual problem is potential abuse of the AFK ID card name bug, but if that is fixed before this suggestion is implemented, then there shouldn't be much of a problem with changing it.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
Found the clip of this happening. Note all of the following:
  • I was actively doing things and still got marked as being AFK because it's purely based on player movement
  • I was in SS, so I clearly wasn't just hanging around AFK at spawn or something
  • I had E-11 LTCOM 914 disguise and lost it
  • It gave me back all of the things I had when I got marked AFK, I assume because it stores what items you have when you get AFK'd to give them back after you're not, but because I was respawning in D-block, that meant it gave me them all back as a fresh-spawn D-class in D-block
    • Glad I didn't lose all of that and just had to get 914 disguise back, but I can see ways to deliberately abuse this to effectively teleport yourself back into D-block with all of your stuff.

Sam Montgomery

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 3, 2021
+ Support

Very annoying when this happens, also a pain if you're working on a PAC and you get slayed because you dared to not exit the editor and move around every minute or so.

Juju

Civil Gamers Expert
May 1, 2022
+Support i mean i can see how it can be used to a advantage but its really not a advantage if your thinking this straight if you imagine how many people will be guarding d block with AA weapons gl getting out of there ive seen d block heavily manned even if u had a auger u aint dealing with that and anyways even if u kill everyone in d block thats a guard your still forgetting the 1 or 2 O1 on interro catwalk and also Combat medics and also the main hallway there people normally hang out there quite a bit and then while the o1 are keeping the guy or girl with AA busy more gensec will show up its kinda a stupid idea i mean this kinda just hurts me when im on d class because this has happened before and if i have a disguise and a weapon but no keycard kinda screwed but yeah i dont think you really saw the issue in this and anyway's going in 05 nuke room could get you banned also wouldn't this be classed as bug glitching if you intentionally do it

but yeah this suggestion is kinda shit ur points and arguements are shit if your thinking about this logically the only way i see this being a issue is in down time and anyways HOW TF would a d class get access to AA and get into 05 Nuke room it requires a code or bio im not sure but yeah and cl5 and im quite sure any 05 do not hop on the job on down time so yeah not logical thinking at all.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+Support
-One time me and another D Class had a O1 and ECC disguise, and were chilling in ethics. Eventually we both had to go eat dinner, and did so. When we came back we both on the main title. It was a pain in the ass, but eventually it got sorted. This would just help prevent scenarios like this

deathspike123

Game Master
Game Master
Trial Game Master
Jan 9, 2024
+massive support
-I had a permit that was very hard to get and was watching two ethics members play chess. The next thing I know I get kicked for being afk and brought back to the main title. I was active in the game and stood still watching them play chess. I have that happen a few times where I go stand still and watch something trying to figure something out and the next thing I know I am back to the main menu.

Jack Kincaid

Mar 14, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi Zen,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because this can be abused easily and is made this way on purpose.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.