Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar

Nov 11, 2022
Your in-game name: "Darkstar"
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:15604323
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/CleverLink
Date of ban: 11/10/22
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): "Severe Toxicity [A]"
Who banned you: Bobby Clint
Ban length?: 3 days
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I will not use that sort of language anymore.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?: Warnings, for incidents unrelated to toxicity of any kind. I'm not a toxic player and I just want to have fun like everyone else.
Why should you be unbanned: Although I was using it comedically, I wasn't aware simply saying "Retard killed" counted as a "slur" and I meant no offense or "toxicity" by it. In that moment after getting to break out of d block and kill a gensec, I decided (wrongly) to use the term in my banter. I will more carefully moderate my language to avoid another situation like this. I am truly sorry to those involved if what i said was taken as offense and if there is anything at all I can do to make it up then I am willing to do it. Calling anyone a "Retard" was a mistake and although I thought it was funny at the time I understand why someone would be offended.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I will avoid using derogatory language. I meant no malice by what I said and I will need to moderate my words better.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
As of late it has been my favorite server to play on and favorite community to be a part of. I have lots of fun playing and I want to continue doing so. I don't get much time to play so weekends are my only chance and I don't want this stupid mistake to leave me unable to play on your server for an entire two weeks. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

verybobby

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Oct 10, 2022
Heya. As you said it, I did ban you for using derogatory language. Someone had opened a ticket, and after I reviewed the chat logs, that's exactly what I saw. In the future, I'd recommend that you withhold certain language in the future, and I thank you for acknowledging your wrong.

Thanks,
Bobby.

Darkstar

Nov 11, 2022
Heya. As you said it, I did ban you for using derogatory language. Someone had opened a ticket, and after I reviewed the chat logs, that's exactly what I saw. In the future, I'd recommend that you withhold certain language in the future, and I thank you for acknowledging your wrong.

Thanks,
Bobby.
Yes, you're right. It was wrong of me to use that sort of language in my banter I can assure that it won't be an issue in the future.

Nomad_600

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Jan 4, 2022
Appeal Accepted

Hi @Darkstar

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

After taking into consideration of your situation I have decided to lift your ban. Reasoning is that the usage of the word in itself has been classed as Toxicity rather than Severe Toxicity, I however would like to urge you not to use this type of language on the server at all and to ensure that you are being courteous to other players.

Please read SCP-RP Rules before resuming playing on the server

Kind regards,
Nomad​

Status
Not open for further replies.