Denied Decrease XP Cooldown & Increase XP given by MTF CO Credits

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Credit Cooldown 30 -> 10 minutes
XP Given 600 -> 800
Remove credit approval requirement

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+Encourage MTFs to use the credit system more

+Makes sense and doesn't downplay MTF COs like it does now

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
-Opportunity for excessive XP Use

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The new change with MTF COs and how they give credits makes 0 sense what-so-ever. Nearly every single Junior Level 4 job can credit not only their own department, but other MTFs too (even Alpha/Omega-1) with 800 XP and a 10 minute cooldown. Yet, a Senior Level 4 position can't do that even to their own regiment and must suffer through unreasonable cooldowns? Here's some examples of what I'm saying;

Security Captain (Very junior CL4) -
Can give 800 XP to any MTF Regiment or Security every 10 minutes, including the Commanders of said regiment. No approval required.

Overseer Assistant (Junior CL4) -
Can credit virtually anybody with 800 XP, 10 minute cooldown. They can credit MTF Commanders, Leaders, etc. No approval required.

MTF CO (One of the most difficult SENIOR CL4 Positions) -
Can give 600 XP only to ranks lower than them in their own regiment with a 30 minute cooldown

Notice how none of what I just said makes any sense? It needs a change. Becoming an MTF CO is one of the most difficult Senior CL4 positions to obtain, where you need to move up the ranks with promotion cooldowns and you need to prove yourself to be above dozens of other players. They are senior CL4s, they should have much more power than this for crediting. Why is a Security Captain more trusted with crediting than a Senior CL4 position? Why can a Security Captain credit literally anybody with a much lower cooldown, higher XP rate, and no approval needed, but an MTF CO needs to wait 30 minutes, less XP, and get approval?

Jul 26, 2022
NY?
+Support
I am happy my suggestion got accepted but yeah it was kind of long i do agree it should be a little less than 30 minutes but of course i respect there opinion on what time they made when they Accepted it they are the team of the server taht make it and m,ake it better but i do agree it should be lowered like 5 minutes or even not i feel higher xp than normal if its that long and not many times we get credited so thats why i made the suggestion.

what are you smoking

-support keep it the way it is. 30 minutes is reasonable for MTF.
-Support

30 minutes is fine for MTF.
+Support for more XP, -Support for the cooldown decrease
"They are senior CL4s, they should have much more power than this for crediting. Why is a Security Captain more trusted with crediting than a Senior CL4 position? Why can a Security Captain credit literally anybody with a much lower cooldown, higher XP rate, and no approval needed, but an MTF CO needs to wait 30 minutes, less XP, and get approval?"

I feel like people just don't bother to read or understand what's stated in the suggestion itself.

"They are senior CL4s, they should have much more power than this for crediting. Why is a Security Captain more trusted with crediting than a Senior CL4 position? Why can a Security Captain credit literally anybody with a much lower cooldown, higher XP rate, and no approval needed, but an MTF CO needs to wait 30 minutes, less XP, and get approval?"
I think you don't understand the needs of XP for gensec. Like imagen if gensec who guarded d block wouldn't get xp. Almost no one would do it.

Good to see you take criticism in a very positive manner!
Giving a valid response to something you said where I make a valid argument doesn't mean I don't take criticism. It just means you don't like the response lol.

I think you don't understand the needs of XP for gensec. Like imagen if gensec who guarded d block wouldn't get xp. Almost no one would do it.
This suggestion has nothing to do with reducing the XP given to gensec. It's about increasing the XP given to MTF. MTF are significantly more important than GenSec (and much more difficult to join) and yet get way less opportunity to level up compared to any other department in the game. And still, it makes no sense to give way more trust and power to junior positions than restrict the living hell out of senior positions. Why does a gensec captain have the ability to freely credit any player in the game, but an MTF CO needs direct approval from O5? There's no logic in that.

Goondra "Sleepy"

Dec 9, 2022
Suggestion Denied
Hi Paradox,
Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.
-
We believe the Extra EXP isn't needed and would inflate levels - which isn't really wanted or needed at this time

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.
Thanks Again
Goondra​

Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy
Status
Not open for further replies.