Denied Disable thirdperson in d block during riots

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rice Cooker

Mar 20, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Prevents anyone from using thirdperson within d block when a code 2 is active. Within d block would include all areas that are past the initial d block door.

Possible Positives of the suggestion:
By disabling thirdperson from being using within d block, all parties, mainly d class and general security, will be unable to abuse thirdperson to their advantage when fighting. This hopefully would negate the issue of "corner peeking" where someone uses thirdperson to line of their shot out of view and then peeks the corner having been fully aware of their targets position even when their target was of first person view.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
As always, when linking something to the alarm system, there is a possibility of abuse. However, there is significantly less impact as this would be disabling a quality of life feature temporarily rather than directly affecting a gameplay feature.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This suggestion should be accepted because it offers a remedy to widespread thirdperson abuse in d block. While there are existing rules against this, it is incredible difficult to prove, and only the offenders have access to the necessary proof. By implementing a system that is already in place on the MilitaryRP servers, which disable thirdperson during wartime, we can resolve the issue of thirdperson abuse with minimal impact to player's experience.

ModernKiwi

Apr 7, 2023
New Zealand
-support
Although I agree that peaking can be an problem their are 2 factors that I feel go against this recommendation.
Firstly, to implement the checks required for this to work and be reliable could cause a lot of additional work for the server. Secondly, when using a riot shield a lot of players including myself use third person 2 assist with proper placement of the shield, as well as allowing for easier maintenance of formations on the move without having to pan around causing you 2 expose yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.