Accepted Discord Suggestion - Make highlight submissions a media-only channel

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

This suggestion would turn highlight submissions into a media only channel using Carl-Bot (which is in the server). On the bot's dashboard you can find the automod tab with a dropdown called "Media only channels", the bot will delete all messages in this channel apart from media (images, attachments, links).
Screenshot 2024-06-10 19.32.23.png

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

Not that I know of.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

This would make it so highlight submissions doesn't have to be constantly moderated by the platform team and would prevent infractions such as "Talking in Highlight-submissions" from constantly happening. If you take a scroll through staff-commands you will find that almost half of the warnings or infractions handed out have been with this reason, and it can be easily prevented.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

- Less work for the platform team.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

Personally I don't see anything wrong with this suggestion, it reduces stress on the platform team and prevents the "Talking in Highlight-submissions" warning from being thrown around endlessly. If there would be a flaw with the bot, there are plenty of human moderators to take care of it. If you would be wondering, yes it is still possible to create threads under messages in a media only channel. I don't know why this Carl-Bot feature hasn't been used yet so this is a reminder that it exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.