Accepted Document QoL and Additional Content Changes

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

La Femme Rosé

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Artist Team
May 9, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Synopsis

This suggestion adds some quality of life changes for the document system, as well as some additional content to be added, for the convenience of personnel who use the clipboard on a regular basis.

Quality of Life Changes

Document Sorting / Categories

Said change applies to the "Load Draft" section, which will have a drop box next to it labeled "Categories".

20240419092522_1 - Copy.jpg

With this change, players can create categories and assign documents under them, naming them how they please for organizational purposes. They can be added at a player's discretion, personally.

Content Additions

Checklist

This adds a checklist, with the option to add options at the writer's discretion. The options of smaller descriptions, for questions, or further information. The boxes themselves can be checked by the writer, as well as other people holding the document.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

I have seen suggestions a long time ago during my Executive days in 2022, however I feel mine is different as most of them were related to the bug of text breaking when backspacing or putting spaces between paragraphs (please fix that too :( )

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

- Better organization for Research / Other Documentation based personnel
- More fleshed out features for convenience
- Better and more presentable documentation

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

- Not many people may actually care of such organization, and will not pay mind to its addition, outside of Research, Assistant, IA, ETC.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

Documentation as a whole desperately needs to be fixed, I feel. These changes would make it more convenient for especially research, including myself. I feel these changes should have been implemented a while ago, and it's time for documentation to be a more refined system.

Last edited:

Arron 'Spectre' Shepard

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
May 8, 2022
Suggestion Approved

Hi @La Femme Rosé ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.