Aug 13, 2022
Georgia, USA
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:110695435
Discord name: Zonia#0462
For how long have you played on CG SCP: About 6 months
In what country are you located?: United States of America
Time zone: Eastern Standard Time
Character name(s): Main Identity: Christopher Kings, Split MTF Identity: Douglas Kings, Split Tech Expert Identity: Walter Kings
Civilian name: Old Man Daryll
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?:
- Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- Executive Researcher, E-11 CSG, O-1 LCPL, Site Advisor, Executive Researcher
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
-No, I'm particularly careful not to break any server rules. It can be fun to break rules in character, and go through internal affairs. I absolutely love interrogation rp, and that is why I still play cl2 and cl1 in order to bring unique situations to the interrogation section of LCZ. But there isn't really any reason to be breaking server rules.

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:
- I am applying for the role of "Ethics Member" preferably over E-11 or Research. Ultimately I can adapt to any area I am placed over by simply flagging up as the lowest rank of that role and learning about the inner workings. The reason I have chosen to apply for ethics is a difficult one. Even still, I am torn between ethics and O5. On one hand, I like the ability to interact with policy on a more fine combed scale. I like the idea of being classified, and handling the subjects that ethics can't be seen doing. However, Ethics has the ability to be a face of the foundation. I can get on a more close level with staff of the foundation, people won't be nervous to approach me, and I won't have to handcuff anyone who says anything but "Sir." Personally, I enjoy being able to keep the facility in working order, ethics and all.

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:
- I am very thorough in all endeavors I throw myself towards. I have a vast amount of experience on site, and while there are always going to be things I don't fully understand, I can seek answers to learn. I understand by imperfections, and attempt to remedy them to the best of my capabilities. As a past O-1 agent, I have seen first hand a lot of what goes on behind the scenes in ethics. I also have extensive experience inside of the Department of Research as well as Epsilon-11. I truly, and whole heartedly believe I can take full control of my role for the sake of progressing these in their entirety.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:
-There are plenty of things ethics are responsible for. The purpose of the ethics committee is assuring that foundation actions are morally sound. Ethics is the counter to O5, as O5 is the counter to Ethics. These two groups keep each other from going out of control, and would unifiedly in the efforts of creating the most effective and efficient means to keep the foundation working. Ethics is in charge of advancing ethical policy, as well as approving tests of ethically questionable nature. They also stand to answer any questions about the code of ethics, or meeting with members that have ethical grievances. Another primary role, is acting as the faces of the foundation. While the Council works in the dark, the Committee works in the light. They are declassified in order to assure lower ranking staff that there isn't some mysterious entity running the show. But, while acting as this, they have an achilles heel. They are vital to the integrity of the foundation, not only from a policy standpoint, but a reputation one. If a member of ethics gets kidnapped, all of the foundation will notice vulnerability. And that can stir chaos as to if we are as sound as we think we are.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
- Ethics handles applications from Assistants of Ethics, to IA, to medical. They are also in charge of keeping documents of ethical nature up to date. Of course, like everyone else, we hold the duty to report any server issues or member issues to Server Staff.

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Christopher Kings spent most of his childhood obsessed with how things "Tick." He wondered why other kids would get angry, or laugh; what made people ambitious or slothful. He saw how psychiatrist would treat these symptoms, rather then delve deep into the machinery of the mind. Upon graduating from high school, he immediately set his ambition ablaze, and sought a masters degree in physics, and psychology. He wanted to have all the knowledge he needed logged in his mind as a tool box to pick apart the consciousness. His ideas seemed eccentric, speculatory, almost too impossible to believe, but he pushed through the doubt of his peers isolating himself in his research. After 2 years of study, he had determined a shocking discovery. That deep down in all humans, there is a link between every human mind. Not metaphorically, but in a very literal sense; something deeper then instinct, something metaphysical. Something that linked all consciousness into a collective, something he called the "Psychospace."

After further ridicule from his peers on this preposterous idea, he decided to present to upload his findings anyway to the research facilities data base. After approximately 2 hours, all documentation uploaded was removed from the database by unknown means at which point he was ordered to report to his superiors office. What awaited him there, was researchers with strange crests upon their coats of a circle with arrows pointing in. They presented an offer of transfer to a different facility, one that was open to his speculations and research. Of course, he accepted, who wouldn't after 2 years of constantly having your ideas pushed aside and seen as insane? He was then asked to make his way to [REDACTED] where he was picked up by an unmarked vehicle and accepted being put unconscious during the trip to the facility. He now pushes headstrong into the research of the Psychospace, and using the knowledge gained to turn anomolous objects, into understood physics.

After an anomalous interaction on site, with one, SCP-7006, Kings was forced into a deal that resulted in him becoming hyper perceptive of realities, a form of "Sight" being opened revealing the intricate parts reality benders see. To a regular person like Kings, it was as if someone tried forcing Gigabytes of information into a standard 1970 hard drive. It was frankly disorientating, leaving Kings with nausea, and constant headaches. He'd see things that weren't really there, and at points could feel his own reality hesitating. As if it had a hard time picking Christpher Kings, from his infinite alternate counterparts. After some time, he developed a a sort of split personality based on the closest alternative Kings to his current self. One called, Douglas Kings, an E-11 PVT that was country as they came. Cold, physically athletic, ridiculously stupid, lacked any sense of curiosity, and had a mean sense of brotherhood for E-11. Almost entirely opposite of the Kings Site-56 is used too. Through this alternate persona, he has become a part of E-11 as well as research. After some time, this behavior was noticed by members of the ethics committee, specifically Kings' old bosses "Dr. Bonez" and "Dr. Jewel" who decided to bring them in from E-11 to O-1 in order to keep a closer eye on this strange behavior. However, shortly after this inauguration, Kings ended up applying for site administration. This led to them being removed from all active combat roles for the sake of importance of duty. Under no observation, Kings' condition advanced for the worse, and led to the development of a new personality by the name of "Walter Kings." A german tech expert with an almost deranged obsession of fixing things. He has been shown to become volatile at the lack of broken hardware to repair. This has led to more then one instance of Kings "accidentally" damaging SCP property in order to repair it. As his condition worsens, it can be assured that more versions of Kings will rise up in it's wake.

Closing Statement:

Once again, thank you so much for reading over my application everyone, I do love writing these things up. It can be relaxing delving deeper into my own characters lore, and I hope people are as excited about this as I am. I'd like to thank Locust for kickstarting this characters main gimmick, and regardless of if this application is accepted or not, I appreciate the opportunity to try!

Reactions: A.R.A.

Ghoully

Oct 1, 2022
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:110695435
Discord name: Zonia#0462
For how long have you played on CG SCP: About 6 months
In what country are you located?: United States of America
Time zone: Eastern Standard Time
Character name(s): Main Identity: Christopher Kings, Split MTF Identity: Douglas Kings, Split Tech Expert Identity: Walter Kings
Civilian name: Old Man Daryll
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?:
- Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- Executive Researcher, E-11 CSG, O-1 LCPL, Site Advisor, Executive Researcher
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
-No, I'm particularly careful not to break any server rules. It can be fun to break rules in character, and go through internal affairs. I absolutely love interrogation rp, and that is why I still play cl2 and cl1 in order to bring unique situations to the interrogation section of LCZ. But there isn't really any reason to be breaking server rules.

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:
- I am applying for the role of "Ethics Member" preferably over E-11 or Research. Ultimately I can adapt to any area I am placed over by simply flagging up as the lowest rank of that role and learning about the inner workings. The reason I have chosen to apply for ethics is a difficult one. Even still, I am torn between ethics and O5. On one hand, I like the ability to interact with policy on a more fine combed scale. I like the idea of being classified, and handling the subjects that ethics can't be seen doing. However, Ethics has the ability to be a face of the foundation. I can get on a more close level with staff of the foundation, people won't be nervous to approach me, and I won't have to handcuff anyone who says anything but "Sir." Personally, I enjoy being able to keep the facility in working order, ethics and all.

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:
- I am very thorough in all endeavors I throw myself towards. I have a vast amount of experience on site, and while there are always going to be things I don't fully understand, I can seek answers to learn. I understand by imperfections, and attempt to remedy them to the best of my capabilities. As a past O-1 agent, I have seen first hand a lot of what goes on behind the scenes in ethics. I also have extensive experience inside of the Department of Research as well as Epsilon-11. I truly, and whole heartedly believe I can take full control of my role for the sake of progressing these in their entirety.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:
-There are plenty of things ethics are responsible for. The purpose of the ethics committee is assuring that foundation actions are morally sound. Ethics is the counter to O5, as O5 is the counter to Ethics. These two groups keep each other from going out of control, and would unifiedly in the efforts of creating the most effective and efficient means to keep the foundation working. Ethics is in charge of advancing ethical policy, as well as approving tests of ethically questionable nature. They also stand to answer any questions about the code of ethics, or meeting with members that have ethical grievances. Another primary role, is acting as the faces of the foundation. While the Council works in the dark, the Committee works in the light. They are declassified in order to assure lower ranking staff that there isn't some mysterious entity running the show. But, while acting as this, they have an achilles heel. They are vital to the integrity of the foundation, not only from a policy standpoint, but a reputation one. If a member of ethics gets kidnapped, all of the foundation will notice vulnerability. And that can stir chaos as to if we are as sound as we think we are.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
- Ethics handles applications from Assistants of Ethics, to IA, to medical. They are also in charge of keeping documents of ethical nature up to date. Of course, like everyone else, we hold the duty to report any server issues or member issues to Server Staff.

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Christopher Kings spent most of his childhood obsessed with how things "Tick." He wondered why other kids would get angry, or laugh; what made people ambitious or slothful. He saw how psychiatrist would treat these symptoms, rather then delve deep into the machinery of the mind. Upon graduating from high school, he immediately set his ambition ablaze, and sought a masters degree in physics, and psychology. He wanted to have all the knowledge he needed logged in his mind as a tool box to pick apart the consciousness. His ideas seemed eccentric, speculatory, almost too impossible to believe, but he pushed through the doubt of his peers isolating himself in his research. After 2 years of study, he had determined a shocking discovery. That deep down in all humans, there is a link between every human mind. Not metaphorically, but in a very literal sense; something deeper then instinct, something metaphysical. Something that linked all consciousness into a collective, something he called the "Psychospace."

After further ridicule from his peers on this preposterous idea, he decided to present to upload his findings anyway to the research facilities data base. After approximately 2 hours, all documentation uploaded was removed from the database by unknown means at which point he was ordered to report to his superiors office. What awaited him there, was researchers with strange crests upon their coats of a circle with arrows pointing in. They presented an offer of transfer to a different facility, one that was open to his speculations and research. Of course, he accepted, who wouldn't after 2 years of constantly having your ideas pushed aside and seen as insane? He was then asked to make his way to [REDACTED] where he was picked up by an unmarked vehicle and accepted being put unconscious during the trip to the facility. He now pushes headstrong into the research of the Psychospace, and using the knowledge gained to turn anomolous objects, into understood physics.

After an anomalous interaction on site, with one, SCP-7006, Kings was forced into a deal that resulted in him becoming hyper perceptive of realities, a form of "Sight" being opened revealing the intricate parts reality benders see. To a regular person like Kings, it was as if someone tried forcing Gigabytes of information into a standard 1970 hard drive. It was frankly disorientating, leaving Kings with nausea, and constant headaches. He'd see things that weren't really there, and at points could feel his own reality hesitating. As if it had a hard time picking Christpher Kings, from his infinite alternate counterparts. After some time, he developed a a sort of split personality based on the closest alternative Kings to his current self. One called, Douglas Kings, an E-11 PVT that was country as they came. Cold, physically athletic, ridiculously stupid, lacked any sense of curiosity, and had a mean sense of brotherhood for E-11. Almost entirely opposite of the Kings Site-56 is used too. Through this alternate persona, he has become a part of E-11 as well as research. After some time, this behavior was noticed by members of the ethics committee, specifically Kings' old bosses "Dr. Bonez" and "Dr. Jewel" who decided to bring them in from E-11 to O-1 in order to keep a closer eye on this strange behavior. However, shortly after this inauguration, Kings ended up applying for site administration. This led to them being removed from all active combat roles for the sake of importance of duty. Under no observation, Kings' condition advanced for the worse, and led to the development of a new personality by the name of "Walter Kings." A german tech expert with an almost deranged obsession of fixing things. He has been shown to become volatile at the lack of broken hardware to repair. This has led to more then one instance of Kings "accidentally" damaging SCP property in order to repair it. As his condition worsens, it can be assured that more versions of Kings will rise up in it's wake.

Closing Statement:

Once again, thank you so much for reading over my application everyone, I do love writing these things up. It can be relaxing delving deeper into my own characters lore, and I hope people are as excited about this as I am. I'd like to thank Locust for kickstarting this characters main gimmick, and regardless of if this application is accepted or not, I appreciate the opportunity to try!
+1 I love this guy. Absolute legend. I hope you get this!

A.R.A.

Sep 30, 2022
Site-56
+Big Support
+Excellent leadership qualities (Founded and lead a Research Division)
+Puts in an incredible amount of effort into the site

+Plenty of CL4 experience (Executive Researcher / Site Advisor)
+Overall amazing fit for the position

Jewel

Jun 13, 2022
EC_Logo_III.png

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Application Accepted

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Ethics Committee. Following your contributions and efforts as a Site Advisor, we believe that you are highly capable of this position. Your behavior, your dedication to the Department and the way you uphold the expectations we have instated for the Department has not gone unnoticed.

Congratulations, Kings.

Contact me Jewel for more details, and be sure to contact an Admin+ to get your whitelist.

Status
Not open for further replies.