Denied EMPs for cameras and other technology

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZEEK

Apr 9, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Hey I recommend we add a sort of EMP charge that will allow cameras and other sorts of technology be disabled for a short period of time. Maybe 1 minute or 2 minutes. This should be a item that is in AA (Advanced Armory) to ensure that the people using this tool don't use it the wrong way.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  1. This will allow CI to be able to have more stealth and discrete raids in order to have more successful and exciting events on the server. since cameras make getting found during a main raid is very common and makes every raid just a large gunfight in one location hoping there is no-one nearby.
  2. D-class while trying to escape the facility can use this tool in order to have a more clean getaway without being seen on cameras

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  1. If it is put in the wrong hands, such as dumb Gensec. This will cause a little bit of trouble since cameras would be unusable. So that's why I recommend it should be a Fail-RP warn if it is used continuously by people when there is no raid happening.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Because I reckon all factions should have more unique tools that allow more strategic plays in either Main raids, DC Raids, and even Infiltration

Man of Culture

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
Maybe keep the EMP element, but something needs to be hacked. Whenever X (maybe electrical box somewhere) gets hacked, all comms outside CL4 and CL5 are disabled for like 5 min but can be easily fixed by like reseting comms in some easily accessable room. I dont really know what counts as easily accessable but I imagine it would either be in SS, or EZ

Goondra "Sleepy"

Dec 9, 2022
Suggestion Denied
Hi SuperLevi,
Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.
-
Cameras can just be shot and developing an EMP just for cameras is not currently something we believe is important

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.
Thanks Again
Goondra​

Status
Not open for further replies.