Denied Epilepsy / Sensory Impairment Accessibility Toggle

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

This suggestion requests the ability to toggle on and off in-game light flashes such as:

~ Sinus Infections
~ Dizziness
~ SCP-008 and SCP-049-2
~ Low Power mode after Backup Generators kick on
~ Any other flashing images / map properties / SCPs

Possible Positives of the suggestion:

+ More positive accessibility for people with Epilepsy and other related sensory issues.
+ Less confusion and vision impairments to people effected by these instances

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

- Removal of exciting visual effects that enhance the environment of RP.
- Negativity to those who do not have sensory issues who enjoy the aforementioned content
- Development time

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

I have been a veteran here for a year now, and before, the only issue I ever had with sensory issues was SCP-008, which I would either throw a pair of sunglasses on and turn on my light, or change my job. With new updates to this server, such as The Core Update's Backup Generators, and the new HCZ Update's Sickness additions, I find myself walking away or completely quitting the server. I have missed out on a lot of RP because of the previously stated impairments. The flickering lights after Power Outages lasts up to 30 minutes to an hour on some occasions, and during that time, I have no interest in pursuing RP.

There are some things that simply CAN NOT be fixed in regards to this case( Camera Flash, Flashbang, etc. )

I understand there is an Epilepsy Warning when you start the server, but I believe the use of flashing lights is borderline excessive. These changes would help, not only myself, but the many others on this site with sensory impairments. It is a simple change that can improve the experiences of many.

Highest Regards,

1685746656597.png

Last edited:

Ramuh

Feb 13, 2023
+Support
I believe having a togglable setting for this would be ideal, maybe something in !fps or the c menu. I've heard a lot of people complain ab it being really annoying & while I don't have any actual issues with it, the 008 & 049 effects annoy the shit out of me & in the past have caused headaches.

Apr 16, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Sir Barry ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because, whilst we understand that some players might have that issue, we have a flashing lights warning whenever a players tries to join , therefore we're not going to be removing the effects that are already in the server.

kind regards

Content team

Status
Not open for further replies.