Denied Executive Researcher being able to spawn beakers, flasks etc.

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheetah / RustyOsprey2

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Nov 24, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
I believe the Executive researchers should be able to spawn beakers, flasks and all that from the chemical menu in the F4 menu (same as chemists). Research has alot of chemical testing, and it would only make sense for Executive researchers to be able to. (Also the Director of Research already has this)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I do not believe so, atleast not that i have seen. (Turns out i was blind)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Executives being able to more easily perform high clearence level chemical testing.
Executives being able to more easily teach chemists or other researchers how to work with chemicals

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
I do not see alot of negative with this suggestions, maybe that the chemist job doesnt become as useful.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think it would just make sense for Executives to be able to spawn the mentioned items, they are high up in the research department and handle both SCPs and chemicals, so i do not see why not.

Last edited:

Cheetah / RustyOsprey2

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Nov 24, 2023
Ah my bad, im blind af lul.

Zen

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Sep 16, 2023
+Support
I need CT and NL to understand that the ability to spawn beakers and other chemical equipment in no way influences whether anyone has ever, or will ever, buy any VIP roles. Denying this because "it detracts from VIP" makes no sense and only serves to be an inconvenience to people trying to work with chemicals.

I have XK and this still annoys me. I flag on Sr. Researcher intending to sample some SCPs and do some chemical work, do the first part and then find I have to job switch because somehow I have no access to them as a senior researcher at the SCP Foundation, seemingly I am less equipped than any high schooler when it comes to chemistry. I don't give a shit about the chemist job - nobody does - please stop denying useful QoL changes because you don't understand this fact.

Reactions: Emilia Foddg

Auburn

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi Cheetah,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

We brought this up with Network Leadership for discussion, and decided that this would devalue the Chemist VIP perk which would not be fair for players who previously bought their VIP ranks and received that job to take advantage of those benefits.
VIP sales are a core method by which the server receives income, which allows the server to remain online.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.