(False Ban) 2LT Tyler Reffin - "Hacking" ban appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyrhoi

Sep 11, 2022
Your in-game name:
2LT Tyler Reffin

Your SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:128187504

Your steam community link:

Date of ban:
11/09/2022

What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect):
Hacking

Who banned you:
Oxford [Ackerman]

Ban length?:
26 weeks.

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the URL):

What will you do to stop this from happening again:
Unfortunately it was a false ban, so I'm not sure what to do different.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?:
No.

Why should you be unbanned:
TLDR: I didn't cheat.

After war, where I ended with an accumulated score of 122-44-12, I was pulled aside by a staff member (Ackerman I presume (?)) notifying me that I had received multiple reports during the war. From my understanding, the primary accusation was that I was aimbotting. I get told that I must screen share, which I comply with.
After joining Discord I get greeted by 4-5 staff members watching my screen and asking me to do various things. The one thing to point out from their findings is that I downloaded "Xenos Injector" earlier this year (more than 3-4 months ago, before I joined the server). They ask what I use this injector for and I explain to them that I had used it in the past for GMod allowing me to inject a DLL-modification that could download Lua client files directly to the PC when connecting to a server. I used this on the Hogwarts RP server that was closed earlier this year for snooping around.

After 10-15 minutes of silence, they conclude that I was cheating. Not due to any findings during the screen share, but because of the evidence they had gathered during the war spectating me.
Even after being told that the primary "cheat" I used was aimbot, I also get told that I was ESP'ing. No evidence let it be known, but because "they just know".

When questioning this evidence I am shown a clip of supposed evidence where shoot at a guy's head (?), not really sure what I was supposed to see from that.

EDIT: Got the clip
I don't entirely remember every kill I get during a war, but this is my understanding of it:
If we take a look at the clip we can tell I already damaged (12 HP) the player "[REDACTED-5]", so I had knowledge of his position after he takes cover behind the rock.
I swap targets to kill the other player "john parugle" as he is rushing up.
I then take my focus back on the first player and when he peeks his head up again, I shoot.

Since I joined the server 2 months ago, I've consistently had very good scores. I've been called a cheater before as well while in war.
GDpHjrT.png

6ooNUj6.png

This can also be confirmed by asking around in my regiment, I've received multiple medals from KD alone.

For extra information, which nobody asked for, I am a previous; ESEA Main CS:GO player, ESEA Rank A, Level 9 in Faceit (cringe, easily 10), Valorant Immortal 2.
(You can confirm these yourselves if you want to, by looking up my profile "dyrhoi" on those services. (ESEA seems to not have anything saved from that old of a history)).
I have over 2700 hours in CS:GO and approximately the same in GMod, never have I cheated, nor received a ban for cheating on this account.

I feel that the sit was also a pure joke. The audacity to tell me that I can "half" the ban if I admit to something I didn't do was crazy to me.
The crowd of people that were giggling to themselves by BM-ing, egging me on to mass RDM (Jerusalem), was omega cringe.

Example of some of these lukewarm IQ takes from copers:
36734A7AD3FA39EE0A353619DF78E544C33D3357

I don't have much hope that this ban appeal will lead to anything, due to the amount of staff that was gathered somehow being confident in me hacking. Hopefully, this appeal will however bring attention to the ban.

To be clear, I have not hacked/cheated at any point, and I won't.

I am quite annoyed but also amazed with this whole conclusion, it seems that you can literally be too good to play on here.
I would normally laugh at being called a cheater, I'm used to it, and I would normally even try to frustrate the copers even more by playing into it, saying sarcastic shit like "mad that I cheat?", but unfortunately here I have to just keep defending myself since even the "deciders" (Staff) think I'm cheating as well. Making sarcastic remarks like that would probably just come off as proof to them, as there is no real evidence.

To the staff members doing the sit, I apologize if I came off as rude but it was quite a frustrating ordeal.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?:
I haven't so far :).

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
Disregarding this experience, I have quite fun playing on here.

EDIT: I know that clips were taken while spectating me, I would love for these to be posted here for general context.
EDIT2: I am not sure if I can really do a staff complaint regarding this, as I would have no way to disprove these accusations. I am unfortunately guilty until proven innocent, it is my word vs 5 staff members.
I would be happy to screen share during an entire war or something like that, I will even bring out my old handcam I used for osu! and stream with that lol.

Attachments

• ban.png
    ban.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Doofy

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Nov 10, 2021
Scotland
Appeal Accepted

Hi @dyrhoi ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

I am sorry for the time taken to reply back to this, I was waiting for comments from the staff members involved, and from what I have seen there were a lot of things that went wrong here. First of all, I will be speaking to those involved in this to gauge at what point we failed on and remediate any failings on our part. I have reviewed the evidence they used to ban you and for me, there is not enough proof of you "hacking" for you to be worthy of a ban in this instance. The staff members did use their initiative on recognising a "potential cheater" but the way this was handled was not the correct outcome.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused and as a result of your appeal, I will be lifting your ban.

Kind Regards,

Doofy​

Status
Not open for further replies.