Feb 15, 2022
Your in-game name: James harris
Your SteamID: 76561198336832609
Your steam community link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198336832609
Date of ban: 21/10/2022
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect):

FailRP [X] | Stacked Bans [X] -Mateo/Nightmare

Who banned you:
Rt. Hon. Julian Brown(STEAM_0:0:33932575)

Ban length?: 27 weeks
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: Didn't do anything wrong.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? yers
Why should you be unbanned: I was being dragged by an IA agent to get arrested and i got stuck on a checkpoint door and it crushed me and nightmare claims it was my fault even though dector admited he was dragging me and thats how i died.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: No rules where broken.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: It wasn't my fault so :/

Nightmare

Oct 5, 2022
Your original sit was due to you trying and succeeding in dying to the bulk doors between D Block and Inanimate. You walked into the open doors once and I stopped you. I exclaimed to you that you cannot kill yourself in the doors because it is Fail RP. You then proceeded back into the open doors and died to the doors. Unfortunately for me I do not have a clip of the situation. I was informed by Mateo that you had also been talked to not an hour prior to this incident for Fail RP. Your story during the sit did not line up to the story I had seen and I, someone who witnessed the fail RP, thought it was necessary to give you a punishment for the action.

MateoSantoro

Apr 17, 2022

Hello James

As Nightmare had said above he had witnessed FailRP from you by not valuing your own life and letting the doors kill you on purpose. Shortly after a higher up was called for in admin chat and I happened to be the first one to respond. However prior to this I sat and explained to you the most of the rules regarding FailRP especially regarding how the rule applies at gunpoint or outnumbered or not in control of the RP situation I sat there for over 35 mins personally trying to explain to you and to help you understand the rule and all you wanted to do was argue with me and fight me every step of the way. Then I informed you of why you kept receiving such long bans after you had asked I had let you know that your bans / warns were stacking up due to you commiting the same rule break over and over and that is why you received such a long ban. You then started mentioning you were thinking of using an alt account to avoid that. After I spent over 35 mins trying to help you.

Back to the situation of your ban. Upon my arrival to the sit one of your first responses to me was to accuse me of being biased because Nightmare and & are fellow E-11 members strictly because I informed you that you were in the wrong. I gave both you and Nightmare a full opportunity to explain both of your sides of the story without interruptions after hearing your side of the story I checked the logs regarding damage done to you because you mentioned you were shot. The only thing that I had seen from your damage logs was you killing a site member (Dector) with a freedom SR as a tech expert and you being tagged with a tranq gun from a security captain there from giving a good indicator that you were running away after being told to stop along with the fact that you admitted to it. After mentioning that Dector was dragging you as an IA agent we brought him to a sit to ask him his part in the matter then shortly after we heard "Tell them yes" or "Say Yes" To our question of were you dragging him with cuffs. That lead us to believe that you are not only friends with the individual but also within the same household as him. Either way we cannot accept witnesses as fact in a staff situation. So with that information Nightmare had decided that he wanted to push the ban through do to him witnessing it himself aswell with the holes in your story and the proof we did have against you I agreed with his decision. After that two higher ups over me Hound (Superadmin) & Jules (admin) both had told you directly that if a staff member sees a rule break directly they are allowed to use that as evidence and are expected to enforce the rules.

That being said James I personally have no issue or beef with you however I do believe that you have zero respect for the rules and zero intention of following them along with the fact that you admitted to me that you like to troll on the UK Site and with the fact that you would rather argue the validity of the information I try to give you to help you understand the rules rather then read them yourself shows me all I need to assume that you simply dont care and are here strictly to cause chaos and find fun at the expense of other players enjoyment of the server due to your malicious actions. I wouldn't mind seeing your ban reduced however following that your behavior needs to improve drastically cause now you have my attention and I will be watching you in the future and making sure that you have earned said ban reduction.

thedoctor

Feb 15, 2022
I was being dragged by an IA agent and the doors killed me how is that my fault?

thedoctor

Feb 15, 2022
Nightmare also claims my hands fell of randomly??. And the witness you insisted on getting even said they where dragging me. And the second the witness agreed with me as he was dragging me you said no not valid and returned him. Then proceeded to say he just said he wasn't dragging me even though in chat logs he said he was dragging me. And you are lying about me admitting anything I never admitted anything in that sit even after nightmare begged me to admit it. And for my story not lining up I said I thought I was shot as I took damage and started bleeding as nightmare said "your hands fell off" he also said i was bleeding him self. "holes in my story" You never asked for my story... the only time i said anything about what happened was when i was bleeding and got caught in the door. You and nightmare where just looking for way to get me banned he was just trying to get me to confess to something I didn't do so he could just ban me. And overall how is it my fault that being dragged with handcuffs which means you cant look or move at all be my fault when I get crushed by a door.

DonkeyKong

Jun 4, 2022
I am Dector the agent who was trying to arrest james.

I was brought to the sit and both of u staff go on about what happened and asked if i was dragging him or not because it was 2 am in the morning i was trying to type then u accuse me of pming him. I then talk in the mic explaining not so happy why i was being accused of pming him when u even looked in logs not a single pm us both had been issued that day between each other

I said in the sit he was running for the most of it but when it was at the bulk doors. i grabbed him (Because it made me walk slower) and he got stuck in the bulk doors, I even said it in ooc he was stuck but did u listen to me? Probably not. How are you going to ban someone without any proof of such and take an admins word instead of the players which is very bias to say at least. For example if you do't see it how i see it here -

both admin takes admin side
Hardly listening to the player
He then bans the player without any proof expect the admins word. - That is what u call bias.

MateoSantoro

Apr 17, 2022

Hello James

Just to clarify at no point did I take witnesses I was called to assist in the situation because a fellow staff member asked for help that is my job. Sated by the staff handbook and the words of our higher ups a staff member may use their own eyes as proof in the event that they see a rule break so nightmare did exactly that with the intention of enforcing the rules. All the staff members that were involved were extremely patient with you carefully explaining to you what you did wrong kindly nightmare had even offered to let you off the hook with just a warning so long as you understood what you did was considered FailRP and you still continued to argue with the both of us. Also none of us wanted to ban you in fact if I wanted to ban you I was well within my grounds to ban you from the interaction we had earlier that day but I wanted to give you a chance.

Hello Dector

To clarify for you also we simply brought you in as a means to try and resolve the the situation quickly and peacefully at no point are staff members allowed to accept witnesses of any kind as evidence strictly to avoid bias and also friends speaking on behalf of their friends to get them out of trouble. That being said as I explained above we pulled you into the sit and you seem confused after we asked you the question several times you did not say you were dragging him at any point. We then heard someone in your background audio telling you to say yes that to our question and tell us that you were dragging him. At that point me and nightmare both had reason enough to believe that you to were friends within the same household. Regardless of all that I also saw you two messing around at HCZ checkpoint while I was there with the rest of my E-11 James had then come back and shot you with a freedom SR and had logs proving that also. However if you are willing or able to provide any evidence proving that you were dragging him I will be happy to take a look and admit that I am wrong however given my knowledge of the situation and the information I gathered from both the logs and the story James had told me not matching up with said logs I gave nightmare approval to carry on with the ban that again could have been avoided if James had simply said "I understand that what I did was FailRP" or something along those lines nightmare was fully prepared to give him a verbal warning and expressed the fact that he did not want to ban James all he wanted to do was to make sure he understood the rules as this is now the third time that I've had to speak to him about FailRP involving being at gunpoint / restrained

thedoctor

Feb 15, 2022
"you did not say you were dragging him at any point" umm check chat logs? ur lying "AKA i was draggin him" is what he put in chat. So please dont go lying on this appeal. keep it fair : ) And for this staff witnessing it Nightmare was not even near me when the door killed me which is not even my fault. Nightmare never even gave me a chance to "get off the hook". I dont see how it would ever be my fault if i was being dragged which you cant move or look around while being dragged. And when you brought dector just think about it if it went your way and he agreed with you two I think you would of taken him as a witness....

DonkeyKong

Jun 4, 2022
Yes true the staff member did say no witnesses but u still brought me and ask i drag him still asked for what happened.

"higher ups a staff member may use their own eyes as proof" And what if there bias. Ur still going to take his word instead of actual proof

MateoSantoro

Apr 17, 2022

Hello James

At no point have I said anything untrue or remotely close to a lie I've simply explained my POV from point a to point b from when I entered the staff sit. I was referring to when he was speaking in voice chat I had not seen a text message from him in chat stating that he was dragging you regardless of the matter we still had reason to believe that you two are within the same household so regardless if he said it in chat or not is irrelevant. It was not my sit I was not taking nightmare was the one taking the sit he pulled you into said sit cause hit witnessed you breaking a rule he asked me for help asking me what I would do in his shoes an after going threw the evidence we did have as well as the rule break that nightmare had seen you commit with his own eyes I informed him to follow through with the ban if he thinks he has seen enough evidence for it to be considered FailRP. Earlier in the sit nightmare spoke several times "I dont want to ban you or warn you I just want you to understand and agree what you did was wrong and if and when you do you can return to rp" So that being said at this point it is to my understanding you are purposefully misinterpreting my words in attempts to manipulate and or twist what I've said and I wont entertain it. I've now wasted several hours trying to work with you and help you understand the rules and I've said more then enough on this post also. So good luck on your unban and have a good day.

Last edited:

thedoctor

Feb 15, 2022
you claimed that he never said the he was dragging me. While in chat logs you can clearly see he did say it. And hes not in my household?. I have not twisted any of your words i have only quoted them. Nightmare has 0 proof of what actually when i got stuck in the door. And some how at the time "his clipping software broke". I don't see why i am banned for something i had no control in. Its just clear you are being biased at this point just wanting to keep me banned for something i had no part in

Flames

CG Super VIP
Donator
Jan 10, 2021
Appeal Accepted

Hi James,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

Upon reviewing the situation, I've decided to lift the ban from you. Based on the lack of proof provided and the amount of variables of the situation I cannot find a reason at this time for you to remain banned.​

Status
Not open for further replies.