?Farewell ?

Caesar Kuznetsov

Oct 24, 2022
Now, before I get into anything, I want to make it abundantly clear that I love this server, and all of the people in it. This server is what helped me grow out of my shell, become more sociable IRL, and overall made me so happy. This server is probably one of the main reasons I've made so much progress in life, and even have a job today. So many people I've met on this server have become long time friends, and I am truly grateful for everything this server helped me do. That especially goes for the lovely staff team, and obviously, the amazing and wonderful GM team.

That being said, as stated above, I feel as if I've changed a lot in the half a year I've been devoting to this server. I don't feel the same drive I did so long ago when I was an Executive Researcher, and when I first become a GM. Whether that may be related to the quality of roleplay as of late, or a change in the type of games I enjoy, it does not matter. I don't enjoy playing anymore, but that's okay. That doesn't take away from the amazing time I had playing, and the amazing people I met. While I personally do not find it to be my cup of tea anymore, I hope you all enjoy this server for what it is.

Writing this was very difficult, and it's taken a couple of days. As I post this thread, I do feel a tinge of sadness. It is definitely bittersweet to let go of something I cared so much for for so long. But, just because it's goodbye doesn't have to make it bad ?

Here's a few mentions I'd like to leave here.

@Dr. Puggo A huge part of my time as an Executive. Wonderful person, if a bit chaotic at times (Will NEVER forget that time you fed the Assistant to 682)
@Rowling During my time as an executive, it was wonderful to hear your insight in so many things during our meetings. You were a huge reason why I got invested in this server in the first place
@A.R.A. Seeing all of the effort you put into everything was a huge inspiration for me. You were also an amazing department leader, and changed so much with Research. It was sad to see you go, but I guess now we're in the same boat ?
@John Iceland You and Rowling are probably the hardest to say goodbye to, because you were all so great. You're doing an amazing job as a leader for the department, and so is...
@Dr.Mike Certified living W, amazing replies and suggestions in the suggestions forum. Some of the greater suggestions were influenced by you.
@ScotchProtogen It was great helping you throughout the process of becoming a GM. I knew you'd be a great GM based on your application, and you're doing a great job. I hope the rest of the team see your huge potential the same way I saw it.
@Slab Goodbye, brother in arms. 2nd best GM of all time right behind Nathan Smith.
@Lunaro Damn, why do I have to say goodbye to all of these living W's??? Love ya man, you are a great leader for Research along with John
@AzraelAODTR Not sure if you still check this since you quit as well, but it was amazing rising the ranks with you. We started as Sr. Researchers, hard to believe where we are... Or, where, now. Good luck man.
@Nomad_600 Def busted my ass a couple of times, but I 100% deserved it ? 100% the best leadership the server had to offer, and a huge role model for me. I learned a lot from you ?
@Florenzo One of the nicest people I've ever met on GMod. Was on hell of a chess player, beat my ass constantly. Would consider you a friend ?

Now, as for my final message to all of the community? Three things:

1. Maybe try a little harder from the roleplay side of things just to increase the quality of RP
2. From a server leadership/content team point of view, communication 100% goes a long way, and is appreciated every time it happens. Maybe make a bi-weekly news bulletin board of planned changes, and maybe throw some community votes for potential changes you're considering just for some extra spice.
3. Continue to be awesome

Lunaro

Oct 23, 2022
Best of luck to you Caesar, grateful to have been able to be a part of your Research journey :) o7

Fidel

Jan 9, 2023
Taco land
Why is everyone that was so nice on the server is leaving?! I wish you the best of luck. I will always remember the "Ferdinand the cannibal" RP and the game of badminton we played. Honestly one of the nicest interactions when I first started playing. See ya in space cowgirl!

Florenzo

Dec 7, 2022
Although we haven't seen each other for a long time, when we first spoke, I knew we would become great friends. You were the nicest person I meet, and you motivated and supported me throughout my applications and test ideas, making you one of the best people I've ever met on this server. As I bid farewell, I want to express my gratitude for all the help you've given me. :)