Denied Fix the D-Block missions (again) (rip Dev time)

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Rocky

Dec 18, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

General improvements to the D-class mission system.

1. This is just a preface the examples I provide are not the end all be all they are systems that should have content added and improved over time. And the exaplmes I provide don't have to be used either the general idea behind the improvement is more important.

2. In my original post for the D-class missions I didn't accurately describe the system I envisioned. The improved system should have 2 types of missions; Item missions and temporary missions.

Item missions: The layout of the scrap dealer will be like how it is during a “riot” where it has an additional 6 slots. The first of the additional 6 slots will be clickable showing you a mission, the others will state “Unlock previous items to receive this quest”. D-Class will slowly progress through, unlocking new items. Each item should last around 3 days with an option to pay 10000 scrap to extend it. The items should get better as you progress. For the first few items they should be straightforward and fairly easy but the missions should scale with the items. After an item has been unlocked and the timer has run out a new random quest with a random item should appear.

Examples of low-tier items/ quests 1-2:

Full body shield | 200 scrap

Deal x amount of damage to player's shield

Random stolen item | 300

bring me x amount of any item

Hacking device | 400

Bring me x amount of cl3 key cards

Hacking upgrade | 300

Hack x amount of things

Examples of mid-tier items/quests 3-4

Random stolen weapon (lootbox)| 800

Bring me x amount of any weapon (can't be bought)

Cl3 | 750

Bring me x amount of cl2 cards

Drone kit (controller/drone) | 300

Break x amount of cameras

Containment kit (Containment beam, term beam, scp cuffs) | 800

Deal x amount of damage to Scps

Single dose chem | 250-1500
Bring me x amount of chem items (injection guns, beakers, viles,)

Example of high their items/quests 5-6

Scrap converter | converts money to scrap

Collect x amount of scrap

Stash/ stash upgrade (once purchased a small 2x2 stash will open next to the shop when you interact with the scrap dealer. All items bought from him found in scrap piles or picked up can be put in here, can only be bought once per quest complete and each time you buy it The size gets bigger| 3000

The scrap dealer will put a “high value package” in showers that D-Class must protect for 20 mins. If GENSEC gets the pakage then the scrap dealers prices will jump up for a limited time.

SCP-008 syringe | 25000

Bring me a sample of every SCP (except for 008)

Remote breach tool (do a level five hack to randomly silent breach an SCP (single use)) | 10000

Capture an SCP and bring it to me

“Strange radio” ( a radio that can be used as every 10 minutes each time it's used it either airstrikes/bombs the foundation or puts a mission for GOC/CI to go help D-Class 40%/60%. On the third use it will make every member of an on site regement immediately go rogue and try to help D-Class (cognitohazard played over that regements radio)everytime the radio is used everybody with a radio will here static then a beep) | 50000

Die to scp-012 x amount of times

These are just a few ideas. More stuff, randomness and quests would definitely help.

Temporary missions:

Random missions sit where the current missions do now(under the scrap dealers shop) there should be 3 tiers of these missions

Easy

Medium

Hard

Easy should reward large amounts of scrap.

Medium should reward guns and key cards.

Hard should reward stuff to complete item quests like scp samples or stuff for item quest like a vote to refresh, or vote to extent for free, etc.

3 scrap trader rep

Each D-Class has a scrap trade rep. This goes up by contributing to quests and buying items.

This rep will give you discounts and will also appeared in your nametage. Upon reaching certrn milestones of rep,the base shop will change for you. This will encourage people to not be greedy and do more missions. (maybe add a job that is locked by rep)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

No

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

A fun and unpredictable system that balances the current system more and makes people want to grind for it unlike the system we have now.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

A lot of dev time

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

Because the current system is to predictable and not really worth it. For the amount of work all you get is a 30 min riot that you still have to pay for. With reward being random and lasting it makes doing the quests more worth going for.

Last edited:
the spacing on this suggestion kills me on the inside
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

General improvements to the D-class mission system.

1. This is just a preface the examples I provide are not the end all be all they are systems that should have content added and improved over time. And the exaplmes I provide don't have to be used either the general idea behind the improvement is more important.

2. In my original post for the D-class missions I didn't accurately describe the system I envisioned. The improved system should have 2 types of missions; Item missions and temporary missions.

Item missions: The layout of the scrap dealer will be like how it is during a “riot” where it has an additional 6 slots. The first of the additional 6 slots will be clickable showing you a mission, the others will state “Unlock previous items to receive this quest”. D-Class will slowly progress through, unlocking new items. Each item should last around 3 days with an option to pay 10000 scrap to extend it. The items should get better as you progress. For the first few items they should be straightforward and fairly easy but the missions should scale with the items. After an item has been unlocked and the timer has run out a new random quest with a random item should appear.

Examples of low-tier items/ quests 1-2:

Full body shield | 200 scrap
Deal X amount of damage to player's shield

Random stolen item | 300
bring me X amount of any item

Hacking device | 400
Bring me X amount of cl3 key cards

Hacking upgrade | 300
Hack X amount of things

Examples of mid-tier items/quests 3-4:

Random stolen weapon (lootbox)| 800
Bring me X amount of any weapon (can't be bought)

Cl3 | 750
Bring me X amount of cl2 cards

Drone kit (controller/drone) | 300
Break X amount of cameras

Containment kit (Containment beam, term beam, scp cuffs) | 800
Deal X amount of damage to Scps

Single dose chem | 250-1500
Bring me X amount of chem items (injection guns, beakers, viles,)

Example of high their items/quests 5-6:

Scrap converter | converts money to scrap
Collect X amount of scrap

Stash/ stash upgrade (once purchased a small 2x2 stash will open next to the shop when you interact with the scrap dealer. All items bought from him found in scrap piles or picked up can be put in here, can only be bought once per quest complete and each time you buy it The size gets bigger| 3000
The scrap dealer will put a “high value package” in showers that D-Class must protect for 20 mins. If GENSEC gets the pakage then the scrap dealers prices will jump up for a limited time.

SCP-008 syringe | 25000
Bring me a sample of every SCP (except for 008)

Remote breach tool (do a level five hack to randomly silent breach an SCP (single use)) | 10000
Capture an SCP and bring it to me

“Strange radio” ( a radio that can be used as every 10 minutes each time it's used it either airstrikes/bombs the foundation or puts a mission for GOC/CI to go help D-Class 40%/60%. On the third use it will make every member of an on site regiment immediately go rogue and try to help D-Class (cognitohazard played over that regiments radio)every time the radio is used everybody with a radio will here static then a beep) | 50000
Die to SCP-012 x amount of times

These are just a few ideas. More stuff, randomness and quests would definitely help.

Temporary missions:
Random missions sit where the current missions do now(under the scrap dealers shop) there should be 3 tiers of these missions

Easy
Medium
Hard

Easy should reward large amounts of scrap.
Medium should reward guns and key cards.
Hard should reward stuff to complete item quests like scp samples or stuff for item quest like a vote to refresh, or vote to extent for free, etc.

3 scrap trader rep

Each D-Class has a scrap trade rep. This goes up by contributing to quests and buying items.

This rep will give you discounts and will also appeared in your nametage. Upon reaching certrn milestones of rep,the base shop will change for you. This will encourage people to not be greedy and do more missions. (maybe add a job that is locked by rep)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
A fun and unpredictable system that balances the current system more and makes people want to grind for it unlike the system we have now.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
A lot of dev time

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Because the current system is to predictable and not really worth it. For the amount of work all you get is a 30 min riot that you still have to pay for. With reward being random and lasting it makes doing the quests more worth going for.
this is it but actually readable (still a lot)

Last edited:
D-Class mains are finding ways to one-up eachother for braindead suggestions like an 008 syringe?????????????

No
...wait a second
hmmm

i mean ok fair, i don't think i actually suggested GIVING the d-class the syringes

anyway,
+Support
this suggestion goes hard, the points are made up and nothing matters, wahoo

Oct 21, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi Dr. Rocky,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

We felt this suggestion was Un-needed, Dclass already have enough to do during riots,

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.