Denied FLC - Unlawful Discharge

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonsy

Jul 30, 2024
Australia
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
An update to the Foundation Legal Codex, adding in the new law of;
Conduct - Neg Discharge | Unlawful discharge of a weapon.

The closest law we have is Misuse 2, however this causes confusion when arresting and explaining to some players
[Conduct - Misuse 2 | Misuse of equipment or possession of unauthorized equipment.]

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Unknown.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Reducing the arguments of misuse with the players "permanent/purchased weapons" being used inappropriately (shooting random shots off, intimidation/threats towards D-class behind airlocks etc)
- A clear Law that applies to the situation, with it being a breach of the Code of Conduct if caught, and or reported.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
-Adding yet again, another law to the FLC and updating the documents/props around the site.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I honestly believe adding this law will help to stop the random shooting around the site and the lack of laws directly correlating to this action. Misuse 2 is argued by defendants regularly that "it's not misusing equipment", causing more stalling on arrests and creating tension, including staff being involved. A clear law sanctioned by the Code of Conduct, with the name of the action (neg discharge) would hopefully sink in more to people's heads of their actions.

intimidation/threats towards D-class behind airlocks etc)
i believe those are called Warning shots

warningshots.png

That is if you are trying to get a D-Class to comply and verbal warnings arent enough, (for example, telling them to get back into the airlock yet your verbal warnings are not enough, so you shoot the ground near their feet to convince them)

• Haha
Reactions: Lonsy

Lonsy

Jul 30, 2024
Australia
Sorry guys, wasn't sure where to bring this idea up. But thank you for guiding me and the support :)
When I was serving, it was $10,000 in fines and Court Marshalling for a negligent discharge of your service weapon :kek:

Lonsy

Jul 30, 2024
Australia
i believe those are called Warning shots

View attachment 18631

That is if you are trying to get a D-Class to comply and verbal warnings arent enough, (for example, telling them to get back into the airlock yet your verbal warnings are not enough, so you shoot the ground near their feet to convince them)
Thats gold haha warning shots are ordered through the defence of ones position in the field/location held haha

Status
Not open for further replies.