Gela's Mapper Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gela

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 21, 2022
Portugal
-In-game name on all servers you play: MRP - JAF 2LT Gela (NATO) | 10thSD PVT Gela (USSR) | Gelo (CIV)

-Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:120473316

-For how long have you played on our servers?: 2 months

-What country are you from?: Portugal

-Time Zone: GMT

-Do you have a mic?: Yes.

-Is this your first application for Mapper? If not, link previous ones: Yes.

-Have you received any bans?: No Warns, No Kicks and No Bans

-How confident are you with Hammer (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide): 8

-Do you have previous experience as a Mapper for GMod?: Not with GMOD but for Gold Source (CS 1.6) and Source (CS:GO) and a bit of Source 2 (S&Box)

- What source games have you mapped for and used the content of?: CS:GO

-How many hours can you commit to Mapping per week?: 4+ hours for sure

-Why do you want to be a Mapper? What can you help us with?: I love developing stuff! I'm a game developer, I'm on a game developing course in university, I've been a Developer for many servers, I've done many map edits (the list goes on).
I can bring one more person to work with map development. I know it takes time and I don't quit on my projects.

-Which server(s) on the CG Network do you play on and which ones would you most prefer to map for?: MRP

-Have you made & edited any map before? if so attach some images showcasing your map & edit: Yes. I've edited maps (privately) for some CS:GO communities and I don't have really a link for them, I hope you can understand.
I've got my own maps as well:

Most are generic but I'm specially proud of jb_minecraft_gela (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2031964672)
It's small but I've worked my ass off on this one, I used squirrel scripts to even make custom gamemodes (Survival FFA for Terrorists and Bedwars for Terrorists which actually allows teams. It was an hell of an engineering ride)

-List any ideas of new maps/map edits for CG that you would like to work on: I was thinking of a map based on antartica

The context I thought for it was a russian research station in Antarctica. This RS (Research Station) would be researching military equipment

(For context/story reasons) The NATO base would be on the border of NATO controlled territory in Antarctica

A quick layout I made for the map:
layout_cap.png

Satellite Dish - Some broken satellites with one building with data centers/communication rooms

Train Yard - Simple Train Yard

Vehicle Assembly Building - Huge building that makes possible the creating of the Aircrafts/Spacecrafts

Airport - Big airport for testing huge aircrafts (Bombing Airplanes)

Launch Site - Simple launch site for big missiles and spacecrafts

Military Tunnels - Underground facilities for Bioweapons/Aliens? Still need to find a purpose but I had to make something underground

Nautica Assembly Building - Big building to build Nuclear Submarines/Warships

Dock - Simple dock for either Nuclear Submarines/Warships

Weapon Factory - Simple weapon factory (still need to find a purpose for this one tbh)

Attachments

• layout.png
    layout.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Lord_Fr3ze

Senior Developer
Senior Developer
Mapping Team
Content Team
Jan 3, 2022
It's really hard to tell if you really have what it takes to say that you can put a 8 on how confident you are with hammer. These CSGO maps that you have on your workshop, aswell as the one you specifically posted a link to aren't really showing what you are capable of.
What I would do in your place, since you have this layout that you made for a Russian Research Station. I would start making it and then use those screenshots (In-Game) to show what you are capable of making.
And what kind of confuses me is that you stated under "Do you have previous experience as a Mapper for GMod?" That you don't have any experience with GMOD in particular but then go on to say you have experience for "Gold Source (CS 1.6) and Source (GMOD)". Maybe I just understood it wrong?

In my opinion, I'd say just make more stuff in Hammer for Garry's Mod to show your skills, as you can never have enough mappers working for a community, since it is a heavy part that GMOD servers rely on to stand out.

Gela

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 21, 2022
Portugal
It's really hard to tell if you really have what it takes to say that you can put a 8 on how confident you are with hammer. These CSGO maps that you have on your workshop, aswell as the one you specifically posted a link to aren't really showing what you are capable of.
What I would do in your place, since you have this layout that you made for a Russian Research Station. I would start making it and then use those screenshots (In-Game) to show what you are capable of making.
And what kind of confuses me is that you stated under "Do you have previous experience as a Mapper for GMod?" That you don't have any experience with GMOD in particular but then go on to say you have experience for "Gold Source (CS 1.6) and Source (GMOD)". Maybe I just understood it wrong?

In my opinion, I'd say just make more stuff in Hammer for Garry's Mod to show your skills, as you can never have enough mappers working for a community, since it is a heavy part that GMOD servers rely on to stand out.
Wow, I just noticed that I somehow changed CS:GO to GMOD, it was a mistake that I didn't notice until now, my bad!

I'll be making stuff for gmod during this time, don't worry! I'm always trying to learn more.

About the 8, I know my "portfolio" doesn't show much but I do have a lot of hours put in the Source SDK and that's mainly the reason why. Like I stated, I've messed with many maps when I was a part of some CS:GO communities.

N/.A

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Mar 30, 2021

Spoken to via direct messages.

Is free to make another application.​

Status
Not open for further replies.