Denied Give LE access to Custody Officer

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recker

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Give Omega-1/LE access to arrest people via the custody officer.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Allows Omega-1 to continue to enforce Ethics when no IA are online.
- Level 4s who commit treason can now be arrested properly without requiring their superiors to be online.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Can be abused (but also the person can be demoted/striked/blacklisted).

Honestly I can only think of that one negative.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Currently, Omega-1 is tasked with enforcing the Code of Conduct, Code of Ethics, and the Legal Codex as one of their duties. This being said, they are unable to formally arrest people. It doesn't make sense to me that "Law Enforcement" can't use it. This means that if no IA are on site, they are kind of screwed in terms of arresting people as are A-1. Allowing O-1 Operatives to use the Custody Officer would ensure that the Ethics Committee can continue to enforce the legal codex no matter who is on site.

Mar 20, 2022
"Law Enforcement" is a US specific term for Omega-1, that does not apply to the UK server. This seems to be a very specific suggestion for the US server where as suggestions are for both.

On UK, IA is very healthy and is available to take arrests whenever. Its unfortunate on US you seem to have periods of IA inactivity but you are permitted to ask in OOC to ask IA to flag on for arrests.

I'll be giving this a -Support for now.

Apr 16, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Give Omega-1/LE access to arrest people via the custody officer.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Allows Omega-1 to continue to enforce Ethics when no IA are online.
- Level 4s who commit treason can now be arrested properly without requiring their superiors to be online.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Can be abused (but also the person can be demoted/striked/blacklisted).

Honestly I can only think of that one negative.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Currently, Omega-1 is tasked with enforcing the Code of Conduct, Code of Ethics, and the Legal Codex as one of their duties. This being said, they are unable to formally arrest people. It doesn't make sense to me that "Law Enforcement" can't use it. This means that if no IA are on site, they are kind of screwed in terms of arresting people as are A-1. Allowing O-1 Operatives to use the Custody Officer would ensure that the Ethics Committee can continue to enforce the legal codex no matter who is on site.
Hi mate , pretty sure you have the physical ability to use the officer? Do you not?

May 24, 2022
-Support

Seems like you're trying to achieve a jack of all trades playstyle to ISD and you are infringing on other departments responsibilities. IA is fine in the UK side of things and if you feel the need for this suggestion to go through then IA may be lacking on the US side.

Recker

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
"Law Enforcement" is a US specific term for Omega-1, that does not apply to the UK server. This seems to be a very specific suggestion for the US server where as suggestions are for both.

On UK, IA is very healthy and is available to take arrests whenever. Its unfortunate on US you seem to have periods of IA inactivity but you are permitted to ask in OOC to ask IA to flag on for arrests.

I'll be giving this a -Support for now.
IA Agents and IA Ambassadors are not permitted to arrest level 4s unless Ethics Committee orders them to (at least in the US server).

While I understand suggestions are for both servers, I don't see the harm in allowing the UK Omega-1 to do it as well.

Is this due to in-game policy enforced by departments or content?
This is content related. I've asked several O-1 CO's during my time in O-1 about it and they all think it should be allowed but it's just simply not.

ERaven

Donator
Mar 7, 2023
- support
If the issue is IA activity then that is an IA issue, moreso that this seems to be a US server issue. Also if O-1/Ethics need someone arrested call an assistant.

Recker

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
-Support

Seems like you're trying to achieve a jack of all trades playstyle to ISD and you are infringing on other departments responsibilities. IA is fine in the UK side of things and if you feel the need for this suggestion to go through then IA may be lacking on the US side.
Omega-1 is the arm of the Ethics Committee. As someone who is both an IA Ambassador and an Omega-1 Operative, I can assure you I have no intention of "having all the power". Not entirely sure how the arm of the Ethics Committee having the ability to arrest is compared to being a jack of all trades or equivalent to being power hungry.

- support
If the issue is IA activity then that is an IA issue, moreso that this seems to be a US server issue. Also if O-1/Ethics need someone arrested call an assistant.
So the Ethics Committee need to go to someone lower than them to perform an arrest? Odd.

Recker

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
I do want to state also that at least on the US server, we are required to hand over people to IA first. This suggestion is purely for if IA are unavailable. O-1 are tasked with enforcing the Legal Codex, Code of Conduct, and Code of Ethics. They cannot do that if no IA agents are available.

IA is not "inactive" on the US server. They are actually pretty active but in the early morning hours when there aren't many people on, there aren't really many IA agents on. This is simply a contingency, not a grab for power as it may seem. We're already allowed to arrest people, this suggestion is just asking for us to be able to use the custody officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.