Denied give MC&D the ability to sell a musket

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dango

Dec 7, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
it would add a new less expensive weapon to the MC&D in the form of a musket. it would cost 13k to sell and will only hold one shot with a decently lengthy reload to get it ready to fire again.
the stats would be like this: 135 damage to the body, 250 to the head, 1 bullet (duh), 4-6 second reload time (could be longer or shorter depending on how it performs in combat), and would take up as much space in the inventory as a ar16 (2x5 slots)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
cheaper sniper from the MC&D so players who are on a budget can use strong weapons
new weapon for people to use
gives foundation the ability to defend the facility like how the 05 council intended
MC&D gets more item options to sell than just 5 weapons
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
hard to balance because of it only having 1 shot
could screw over reality benders when manifesting weapons
possible confederacy formed by tech experts to secede from the foundation
would have to add a entirely new weapon

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
it should be accepted because atm MC&D has very little variety in its weapons that it can sell with it being able to sell two fully automatic rifles and two snipers with very little variation in between the options. a musket would be a good idea because it would not only be fun to use but it would also give new options for exciting gunplay where you need to hit head shots to kill a fully armored target or in the case of gensec to kill a brute who doesnt have armor.

Last edited:

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
I like it but its really outta character for them.

They sell anomalies energy weapons and chems not 1776 ah weaponry

Jun 15, 2022
UK
+Support
As silly as this is I really want to shoot a musket and 049 point blank

“Own a musket for home defense, since that's what the founding fathers intended. Four ruffians break into my house. "What the devil?" As I grab my powdered wig and Kentucky rifle. Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first man, he's dead on the spot. Draw my pistol on the second man, miss him entirely because it's smoothbore and nails the neighbors dog. I have to resort to the cannon mounted at the top of the stairs loaded with grape shot, "Tally ho lads" the grape shot shreds two men in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel set off car alarms. Fix bayonet and charge the last terrified rapscallion. He Bleeds out waiting on the police to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up. Just as the founding fathers intended.”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Asteria Silver

Ben10083

Jun 21, 2022
+ Support

"ALRIGHT MEN, ENTER THE DBLOCK TOWER AND AFFIX BAYONETS!"
Why not make it cheap? Just make it really keep as a weapon that people without a massive amount of money can buy instead of the super death ray rifles MC&D normaly sells

dango

Dec 7, 2022
+ Support

"ALRIGHT MEN, ENTER THE DBLOCK TOWER AND AFFIX BAYONETS!"
Why not make it cheap? Just make it really keep as a weapon that people without a massive amount of money can buy instead of the super death ray rifles MC&D normaly sells
i specifically balanced the damage and price to not be unfair to dclass. making it too avalible to gensec would be unfair because it would just insta kill any regular dclass
here are some key interactions
135 -> kills regular dclass
135 -> kills dclass with armor
135-> leaves scout with 25 health
135-> kills slightly damaged combatants
250-> kills scout
250-> kills unarmored brute
250-> kills fully armored combatants
i specifically took into account how the new weapon would effect damage in combat though i do think that perhaps a price tag of 10k would be more reasonable if not 8k

“Own a musket for home defense, since that's what the founding fathers intended. Four ruffians break into my house. "What the devil?" As I grab my powdered wig and Kentucky rifle. Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first man, he's dead on the spot. Draw my pistol on the second man, miss him entirely because it's smoothbore and nails the neighbors dog. I have to resort to the cannon mounted at the top of the stairs loaded with grape shot, "Tally ho lads" the grape shot shreds two men in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel set off car alarms. Fix bayonet and charge the last terrified rapscallion. He Bleeds out waiting on the police to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up. Just as the founding fathers intended.”
Own a musket for Foundation Defence, since that's what the O5 intended. Four D-Class break into my airlock. "What the devil?" As I grab my Ethics Pin and Kentucky rifle. Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first Scout, he's dead on the spot. Draw my pistol on the second Brute, miss him entirely because it's smoothbore and nails the D-Class across the room. I have to resort to the cannon mounted at the top of Catwalk loaded with grape shot, "Tally ho lads" the grape shot shreds the D-Class in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel set off Code 2 Alarms. Fix bayonet and charge the last terrified D-Class. He Bleeds out waiting on the Ethics Committee to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up. Just as the O5 intended.

+support
I wanna musket charge into D-Block

Jun 15, 2022
UK
Own a musket for Foundation Defence, since that's what the O5 intended. Four D-Class break into my airlock. "What the devil?" As I grab my Ethics Pin and Kentucky rifle. Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first Scout, he's dead on the spot. Draw my pistol on the second Brute, miss him entirely because it's smoothbore and nails the D-Class across the room. I have to resort to the cannon mounted at the top of Catwalk loaded with grape shot, "Tally ho lads" the grape shot shreds the D-Class in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel set off Code 2 Alarms. Fix bayonet and charge the last terrified D-Class. He Bleeds out waiting on the Ethics Committee to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up. Just as the O5 intended.

+support
I wanna musket charge into D-Block
This is best comment I’ve ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.