GOC group chat functionality

Drxgon

Game Master
Game Master
Feb 2, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion is to add the /g chat functionality to the GOC regiment.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
not that i have seen

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
1. people who cannot or choose not to talk have an in game ooc for GOC specific chat.
2. would eliminate confusion when someone who only types says something.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
I do not see a negative as majority of the server already has this.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
we have many members who either cannot or choose not to use a mic for various reasons. normally they would be able to use /g as an in game fast way to communicate in an ooc sense. currently we use /c3 for IC comms and normal /c as an out of character comms to compensate for this. Otherwise these members have to tab out of gmod, go to TeamSpeak and type, then tab back in. I'm sure this is something that can be solved very quickly. much appreciated.

Only after they delete a1!!!1!
they said no : (

This is likely a bug or it just being forgotten that it isn't added
or you know, in stark contrast, it's being removed entirely, as per the announcement rushi just put out

i get why, but... hhhh

can we at least keep /g for stuff like event jobs, would be great to have somewhere we could put stuff that wouldn't necessarily have to go in GM chat, as GM chat is visible to staff iirc and staff, with all the chats they have to moderate, (outside of event team obviously) would probably benefit from not having discussions on stuff like PAC/dupe/event talk

but i guess the counter to that is "just use TS"